My airshow pics of 2005

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Alas the mighty Lancaster eluded me this year, it was due at Whitehaven and again at RAF Leuchars but due to weather and technical gremlins i missed it, got quite a few on prints though that i will have to get scanned. I've never been down to Culdrose i'm afraid from what i've read though they usually have quite a good show.

well it's not a huge show, it's more worth the visit to yeovilton, thay do a great show with allot of RN participation (as you'd expect) and the traditional close to the air displays is a simulated marine assult with harriers and many, many helicopters it's very impressive......

Now a few from The Shuttleworth Collection, these were taken on the 24th September.
1914 - Avro 504 K

Avro Triplane

Bristol Boxkite

DHC-1 Chipmonk

Dart Kitten

Bristol F2b

Hawker Sea Hurricane

Sopwith Pup

Raf Se5a

and some of the visitors....................
Ryan PT-22 Recruit

P-51D 'Jumpin Jacques' Based at North Weald

Jet Provost flown by Mark Grimshaw also based at North Weald

Great pics Chris, awesome shots. The fact the BBMF didn't turn up at Leuchars really annoyed me (it was the main reason I went) although the rest of the show was good. Funnily enough I have almost the exact same picture of the Spitfire SM845 and the P-51 Old Crow. Your pics of them flying though are much better than mine, great shots.

Users who are viewing this thread