My BF 110 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

chriswchase

Airman
Jan 21, 2013
Anchorage, AK
Ok, I found a pic of a BF 110 unit markings G9 IN ( I is red) and it served in the Caucasus. My question is why does it look like it has desert cammo? What colors should I be painting it if not desert? Someone pointed out that that unit served in Russia so thank you and thanks to all who have helped...I hope to pay forward all your help by helping someone who visits this site....Happy Modeling!!!!

My question is why does it look like it has desert cammo? What colors should I be painting it if not desert?

If the picture you found is B&W it can be a reason for misleading. If the camo scheme is of a "solid" type (one colour on tops and sides) it can give you an impression it was made with the RLM79 Sandgelb paint. But also there was another "solid" camo scheme used for Night Fighters. But the black paint was used for this. Unfortunately the "light" conditions a picture was taken with , could have affected the rendering of colours. Another factor that could have a bearing on the mpression , could be the kind of a negative that was used for taking shots. Therefore it would be nice if you could post the picture here.

Messerschmitt_Bf_110B-E_1awsome.jpg

I think I posted the pic...it is from this site in the pictures gallery...

The only definite desert camo represented above is the last one from ZG 26. You're G9+IN is very common camo for Eastern and parts of Reich areas.

Also understand that in the early stages of the NA campaign, units coming in from Europe did not automatically change the camo for the desert and sometimes retained their European camo scheme.

You can also look for the white band which represented the Med theater instead of the yellow band which was Eastern Front.

agt.jpg
Bf110ZG26DuoColor.jpg

Note also that in the profiles shown, there are five different versions of the Bf110 - depending on which kit you have will decide which of these, if any, could be modelled.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back