My Bro's 1st Model

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My first model was a Spitfire Mk.I, second was a Hurricane Mk.I and third was a Fw-190A of which all were over-painted and lost their under-carriage.

My first models I did not even paint. Then when I was about 8 I started painting them but it was not very good. I did not good at painting until I was about 14. I have not built a model in years though. I started to build a Bf-109G-6 when I was in Iraq but my air brush got clogged so I did not finish it nor start my UH-60L that I bought.

What kind of AirBrush do you use? I use the simpliest (cheapest) gun from Revell

Revell%20Starter.jpg

I'm planning to yield it to my brother and buy myself some more advanced. With a controlable jet.

For my home building modeling I use a Badger 360, it is a really good dual action airbrush but it was quite difficult to learn to use. It was not a cheap airbrush though with the airbrush alone costing me 129 dollars not including the compressor. When I was in iraq I used a cheap 29 dollar airbrush from Testers because it was so cheap that I did not care if it got destroyed from the sand or what not.

I use the Revell Power Bottle... One old man from a Czech WWII forum gave me a fridge compressor for that. I just gotta find out how it can be attached to the airgun (if even...)

BTW, I remember some two years ago, there was a model stuff gathering on the simhq.com forum for Ally soldiers in Iraq... I did not send anything though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back