My Little Rosie is gone

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

at6

1st Sergeant
Jun 15, 2011
Fresno, California
As I write this, my heart is breaking. At around ten P.M. tonight my little Chihuahua, Rosie went to sleep forever. She was a sixteen year old sweet heart. Today she was giving me kisses and cuddles, but I've known for some time that this would her last year as she was showing signs of old age. I held her earlier as I suspected that her time had come and told her that it was alright to cross that Rainbow Bridge. I try not to cry but it seems that everything that I love has been dying.

Thanks Vick. I will bury her in the morning between Spanky and Corky. This will be the 5th one since 1990 and it never gets any easier for me but I do have fond memories of each and every one of them. I still miss each one them years later.

It's....for every pet that, sorry....for every furry wee friend that I've had....I don't know what to say, but I agree with Vic, in time you'll be to think about them, you'll get a wee bit upset but also you'll also laugh, laugh at all the moments of joy and love that they brought....I still miss my wee friends! :(

I'm sorry for your loss....

I'm thankful for my three remaining bark angels and had time to reflect on the ones I've buried.
Spanky; Loyal to a fault. Would never leave your side, highly protective of his family yet friendly to all he met. Loved to play a game of find the Milk Bone.
Corky: Would cross his front feet and join you in prayer. Was also a little singer.
Bob: Taught Corky how to play and was a great, loving, friendly companion and would speak for eggs or treats.
Rusty: Loving friendly sweet heart and was a great companion and comforter to Bob and the rest of us when Corky passed.
Last but not least is Rosie. She was a little mother to all of the other bark angels and continually affectionate to every one.
Thank you for your kind words and sympathy at this difficult time. I'm softening up the ground to receive her sweet little remains. Her resting place is between Spanky and Corky.

Last edited:
I just wish to thank the members of my forum family for the kindness and sympathy shown for the loss of my little Rosie.

Believe me I share your pain and totally understand so please accept my most sincere condolences. Sept 23, 2014 my 3YO Irish wolfhound Breena died after being spayed and on Feb 15th this year my little Shiba Inu Meika managed to get loose and once free she was on an adventure. Spent two days and nights chasing down leads almost catching her twice then on the morning of the 3rd day she was hit by a car as she tried to cross a highway.
They were both my "girls" and I can see them around here still. They are deeply missed.
Dog Saying 7.jpg

Photos of my little Rosie. The big one is Barbie. She loved to sleep with Rocky, and Barbie in the chair. I can tell that they both miss her as they look to see if she is going to join them.

Attachments

• 100_0685.JPG
    100_0685.JPG
    883.8 KB · Views: 130
  • 100_0804.JPG
    100_0804.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 100_1330.JPG
    100_1330.JPG
    981.3 KB · Views: 151
  • 100_1343.JPG
    100_1343.JPG
    810.5 KB · Views: 119
Sorry to hear this.

Pets are part of the family. It is so unfortunate that they can not age similar to us.

The great thing about dogs and cats is that they do not care if you are pretty, hansom, rich or poor. They just want to be loved, and in return they give the same love and devotion back.

Just rest assured she knew you loved her, and was greatful for the good home.

Our oldest cat is 13 now, and starting to decline. My eyes swell up thinking about it. All you can do is continue to love them and enjoy the time left.

Adler, No matter how you try to prepare, the end is always as painful as if it were unexpected. I had Rosie's final resting place picked out over a year ago. Enjoy the time you have with your babies and love them as much as possible knowing that the memory will give you comfort in having given them the best life you could for them. Rosie knew that I loved her totally as I do my other bark angels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back