My Regrets

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great trek to do Wild. However heard that local Papuans getting pissed of from Govt taking all revenue and not passing it onto the locals. Thanks for the salute to the men in my family. But mum served in the WRAFS as well and at one time had 3 brothers in laws all Military RAAF and Army. when I was growing up as a kid thought civilians were people who had retired from the Air Force etc. Many years ago did the Thai Burma Railway Trek in Thailand from the Commonwealth War Graves Site near a Thai Buddists temple in the mountains down pass Hell Fire Pass to the Bridge itself. We were fit young men food and rations plenty of clean fresh water and yet by foot it was hard going. God knows how those poor bastards who were forced to build that bloody train track did it and the bridge. Then when we arrived at where the present day bridge is near another cemetry we held a service of rememberance for all the men who never came home Wild

As for Gallipoli now thats personal. Its my dream my aim in life a mission to go pay respects to an Uncle of my family. To visit him so to speak and tell him he is missed but never forgotten by his family and his sacrifice is honoured still in his family. I even named my own son after my Uncle in memberance to my Uncle's service to Australia

my family has served this Country of ours Wild. In war time and in peace time. they were just ordinary men and women doing a job. and I am proud of them

There is one in England and one in GErmany and there are about 5 to 10 that are being restored to flying condition.

Emac I have to give you an A+ for persistence.

It sounds like you have allot to be proud of there. As I have only lost a Grandfather (ww2) and an uncle (Korea) I still get the point.

I went and lived in England for almost 6months. Warrick to be exact. Worked with some Scotts and Britt's. It took me a week or so to figure out the reference to a "Frog" I heard it all the time. Finally someone told me it was a French person.

This person took me to a collection of ww2 relics and documents for a look. We came upon a gold clad book for an even closer look. It had the names, ranks and such, of the 26,000 U.S airmen that gave their lives in this noble cause. He told me "The Britt's are thankful for every name in the book"! This was very impressive for me. I had never heard this before.

I was treated extremely well…. when I was there by everyone. Even after I began to speak and they could tell I was a Yank!

I got lost in the countryside near Birmingham and had to stop and ask for directions. I found a phone repairman working on a phone pole in the middle of no where. I asked for directions and not only did he help…but he also got into his van and had me follow him all the way to Warrick! Now that is class!

Let's now move onto France. Everywhere I went… I was ok until they hear me speak English… then after that…. I was just an A hole American and was treated as such ….not by just the few you speak of… but buy about 80% of them. I did notice a change of attitude with the older ones. I already mentioned the women near the graves so… I won't go into that.

This is in no way said to reduce any sacrifice or honor or anything else you pointed out with your family. "You have a very good reason to be proud"

Now with that said: This is my opinion too. You give yours, so I should be able too.

I do not feel that the few people (French) that do honor the fallen can make up for the very short memoried French population that is there now. Sorry but I will never have any use for the French.

Australia is the only country, that I have been to, that I can safely say I would want to live there. The people were very nice and the country is very beautiful. I even like your flag.

May God bless all the fallen soldiers and living too! I support our troops!

ye Yak in Oregon, but I finished off my little bottle of Zeltinger Sonnenuhr. that was great lying here on meds after my brief accident

yes I woke up my wonderful generating cranky self this morn ready to kill. Actually the Mrs. is home to be with me so we will make love for hours and drink white German wine and ............ dang I feel cranky

we were by the fireplace and my wife says your hot, which I took as a compliment until she said...........no your on fire E !!

I should just go take a quick run through the snow in the buff right now 8)

your right of course TMI

we were by the fireplace and my wife says your hot, which I took as a compliment until she said...........no your on fire E !!

I should just go take a quick run through the snow in the buff right now 8)

your right of course TMI

Not TMI. There weren't any pics (not suggesting there should be either). But it was under the line on TMI.

Not that many females on this board anyway. They usually make the TMI call.

actually I think my neighbors was taking photos from their hot tub ......... I'll wait till they are fully developed before ...........

Users who are viewing this thread