My Spitfire factory: Seafire Mk IIc, 809 NAS, HMS Stalker, Operation Avalanche

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Handling it all well. What's PPP?
PPP, had to fathom that one out as well Andy. Its "Perfect Plastic Putty" and I suddenly released I had a tub in the hobby room.

Putty.png

Also read a good article on it.

:D

Didn't look bad apart from a bit of extra work needed on the port wing root. Unfortunately I managed to break off the aileron, I've stuck it back on but with it went the trailing tip of the end of the wing, "thank you very much" says the carpet monster, running repair required!

2FB6F5EE-3AC8-4BDD-8DFF-45EDD42CFEFB.jpeg

Last edited:
That PPP stuff is new to me and I'll need to check it out.

Possibly second only to Tamiya green top, my biggest revelation in modelling. I used to use Humbrol Model Filler and sand it back when set, usually losing a load of surface detail in the process. With PPP I just wipe of the excess with a damp paper towel or cotton bud, minimal sanding required. masking tape keeps it off bits where I don't want it.

That wingtip is good as new, swiped the part out of another SH kit in the stash (one that I'm certain I'll build with full span wings!), nipped the tail end off it and put it in place:

wingtip.jpg

Looking ok after primer. The wing roots aren't perfect, I didn't expect them to be, but they will look ok under some paint I think. I'd hesitate to use this kit for a silver Spitfire though!

primer.jpg

Soooo I woke up needing a wee. Wasn't wearing my watch, heard the cat feeder go off, thought ah, that'll be 5:30, might as well get up. Two coffees and half an hour later it's still dark, I think this is a bit odd. Realised that the cat feeder goes off at 3:30 and 5:30, and it was now 4am :facepalm:. Ah well, the quiet time gave me the chance to get the stickers on the Seafire. Say "cheese"!

decalson.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back