Mystere IVA vs F-86 MiG-15 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Militarist

Recruit
Aug 27, 2007
Hi, guys! I'm new here. Seems to be a good site!

I am very interested in getting information on the Mystere IVA and on how it compared to the Sabre and MiG-15. There is surprisingly little data on the performance of Mystere in detail. I guess there is in French but unfortunately I have no knowledge of French. I would highly appreciate any contribution to this topic.

From my understanding the Mig 15 was a slightly better fighter and the Mystere the better bomber.
The problem with the Mystere is timing. The equivalent Russian plane was the Mig 17 which was quite a significant improvement on the Mig 15 and outclassed the Mystere.

Certainly got around.

An Indian Mystere once managed to shoot down a Pakistani F-104 during the Indo-Pakistan war of 1965. However the Mystere was never used in the air combat role as, having limited capabilities as a fighter; its handling characteristics and manoeuvrability left, in the words of the Indian Air Force, 'much to be desired'.

OK! But when the Mystere appeared, it was faster than either one and on a par with the MiG-17, wasn't it? We talking the 1950s, of course, not beyond. Then Mystere was a pretty good fighter.

OK! But when the Mystere appeared, it was faster than either one and on a par with the MiG-17, wasn't it? We talking the 1950s, of course, not beyond. Then Mystere was a pretty good fighter.
It depends where and when it was operated. As stated, it was a good ground attack aircraft - air-to-air it was heavy and actually a generation ahead of the Mig-15 and F-86. I think the later model Sabers would of had their way with it. When the Mystere was entering service, century series fighters were hitting the tarmac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back