Mystery Wagon

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's an aircraft engine (V-12) transport box.

It's designed to be easy to position and access to engine, but it's not meant to be an engine stand to do major work on it.

Check out DB, more likely Jumo, engine manuals. You will find it there.

Last edited:
It's an aircraft engine (V-12) transport box.

It's designed to be easy to position and access to engine, but it's not meant to be an engine stand to do major work on it.

Check out DB, more likely Jumo, engine manuals. You will find it there.

Can you post a photo of an engine in the wagon? Is the engine hung from below on the swing out device?

wow..cool.. need to salvage that trolley.. havent been here in a while.. checked in now as i have been at the place again..done some small digging.. but had actually given up for the moment finding out what that wagon was.. now i know..thanks :)

here si a Bf 109 tail with paint and a part of a upper wingpanel with parts of the balkencross on it.. so i guess its still tonns buried here

Attachments

• diverse bilder 099.jpg
    diverse bilder 099.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 55
  • junkers88 panel 007.jpg
    junkers88 panel 007.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 61
some closeups after cleaning.. its clearly handpainted.. and the other side that was facing up has the most corroscion.. but still it has survived quite well..

now just to get the finance and the support of doing a full size digg with diggingmachine.. NOW that would turn up some good parts i guess :)

Attachments

• diverse bilder 098.jpg
    diverse bilder 098.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 68
  • diverse bilder 101.jpg
    diverse bilder 101.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 55
  • diverse bilder 102.jpg
    diverse bilder 102.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 57
  • diverse bilder 104.jpg
    diverse bilder 104.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 63
you dont want heavy machinery there. treat it like an archeological site. just a bunch of warbird lovers like yourself with shovels and brushes. start a club...your project would be digging up all these planes. i know of 2 gents in norway that might be very interested in joining you in this.

on would need machinery to get thru the roots of all the trees that has take root on the place..a showel will get you 5 cm down and thats it..

i would be! every weekend. hoping to find enough of an 109 or 190 to rebuild and selling off the other stuff on ebay to finance it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back