N1K1 Shiden George 1/32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's just awful news but I like how you are keeping things in perspective. I hope you can salvage much of your work and that you don't have to redo a lot of the fantastic scratch building.

I will wayne...!!
Just to change my focus for a while ( away from fuse and cockpit ) , I will make a start with the wings. In between I will salvage the cockpit components and as it looks , I will be able to fix the majority.
Maybe I will be able to improve even on some cockpit parts.
When the new kit arrives , I will start re-assemble the cockpit and fuse.
This is the worst case I have encountered in my model building "career "...Not the first one though...
Read my story on the fokker spin...also had to share some sad news there. The difference now is that I am determined to continue and finish the mighty shiden george , in contrast to the fokker project which I abandoned in favour of the shiden...

FOKKER SPIN

I am surprized by the amount of surface detail for such an old kit..( 1970's ) ... The pictures might take a little longer to load..Tried to capture the fine detail...

This is the max flap extension I can get now...futher extension is hindered bij the gun bay below the wing...I will check photos and drawings how that should be solved.
The extension should be enough for combat lift in tight turns , but me think that the extension should be more for landing flaps...

Users who are viewing this thread