N1K1 Shiden George 1/32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I cleaned the front fuse with alcohol and painted with Mr Surfacer 1000 ( white primer ). The rear of the fuse was oversprayed with Future , was affraid that the metallic would lose its sheen, but it holds quite well...after the primer has dryed, will airbrush again with alclad airframe alu...see how it stands out..

Just to clarify, my intention is to paint the plane JN green, with the obligatory wear to show the alu under the original paint....however....I might also consider a TAI plane with us markings...

PS....the front fuse was painted with dural alu, not with airframe alu, just wanted to see the difference, I like the aitframe alu better..

There's some nice airbrushing going on there Martin. I've never used Alclad before but gather the fumes are quite bad. Do you have a spray booth and some sort of air extraction.

Vaughan , I do not have a spray boot , I do use a mask and make sure that the door to the outside world is open to ventilate...!! Very important indeed, it is nasty stuff you don't want to breath..

No, this is not some malicious individual from Hellboy, it is me working with alclad and thinners...that stuff is really nasty, indeed , do have a spraybooth or mask...

The first try with IJn Green from Gunze....a little bit too mathematical I think....a lot of experiments to go...

Users who are viewing this thread