N1K1 Shiden George 1/32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

you all had a nice weekend..??
Now for something different...from building that is..
I am still a novice when it comes to airbrushing and as I experienced today...I still have a long way to go..
I tried the Alclad II airframe alu and Alclad white primer on an old 1/24 scale Shiden Kai...( never been build, but have to more kits, next project..)
Using my Iwata airbrush with the undiluted white primer..( not suppost to dilute I do understand..) the paint started also to spatter on the project.
No idea why...until I removed the nozzle protector/flow guidance thingy ;)
The paint tends to build up on this little device...after removal....clean spray...
I did not sand the primer after drying..applied the airframe alu directly....no good...the very fine grain of the primer stands out...some wet and dry sanding is a must do...
This I applied on the left half of the fuse...
On the right half ..after cleaning with alcohol...I applied the alu direct on the plastic..!! very smooth because of the smooth plastic...but also high gloss alu on the high gloss plastic...
I will keep on experimenting the forthcomming days...until it looks the part and then over to the actual model again.

PICT0500.JPG
PICT0501.JPG
PICT0502.JPG
PICT0503.JPG
PICT0504.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back