Naked Streets

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here in Germany you can turn right on red in some places and in others you can not. I guess it all depends on the intersection.

Same here, you can turn right on red others they have huge signs posted DO NOT TURN ON RED. But they do not recommend on a busy road if allowed, at an intersection where two VERY busy roads are interesecting (CTR 523 and Route 206 for all you people in New Jersey) there have been many accidents as of late my mom a while back being on of them.. :(

Usually
but it will be marked with a filter arrow that lights up green when you can go anyway. There are some junctions that aren't marked as such when it is clear that it's possible to filter left
In most states and provinces you can turn right on a red at least at 99% of traffic lights . The city I live in has all traffic sensors installed at the lights and moves traffic as needed with both advanced and delayed turns .. Now that being said the roundabout would be hell on wheels in a snowstorm when 2 lanes morph into 1 because people get gunshy when driving in snow

Route 206 is one of the worst.

Now we're all talking about how the gubberment screws up driving (roud-de-bouts, turn on red) but how about driver habit? Thats what intrigued me with this program. he premise being that with a straight intersection, numbnuts texting or talking will sometimes continue through the red light and wham-bam.

Now with a circle, it forces the driver ro focus on the road and not some other distraction. I kinda agree. Far too many times I see drivers not paying attention and getting into trouble. One of the stats that motivated this program was the weather at the time of an accident. Most accidents occur when weather is clear and dry. In adverse weather, drivers are concentrating more on the driving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back