Name this US Navy Plane

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My hat's off to the crew who fought that fire (three hours? Either a stubborn blaze, or inadequate training....no injuries, so I'd go with the stubborn part...although, three hours is enough time for a fire to eat half that ship...one has to wonder). As for the passengers, welcome to what our troops volunteer to go through overseas. No phone? Darn. Spam? At least you've got a meal.

Call me a cynical bastard, but the more I hear about this story, the more I just shake my head. And sometimes laugh, but that's only at the voices in my head.

Human Nature, at first you're grateful to be alive and have an oar and a bench to sit on, then after a while you want a barka lounger, wide-screen TV, and lobster

My first thought was I felt for all those old people that couldn't navigate 10 floors of stairs to eat or get some fresh air.

I'm not a cruise ship person. Having traveled most of my professional career and stayed in sterile hotels, the idea of taking a vaction "in a horizontal hotel" sounds like utter hell on the best of days. Not enough booze on a ship the right that wrong.

I love cruises, but the main reason I go is to relax and get away from people. The last thing I really want to do it go on to a confined ship with 3,000 other people. I prefer the smaller ships then the floating cities

Users who are viewing this thread

Back