NATO days 2010, Ostrava, Czech Republic

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Polish and Slovak Fulcrum.

Attachments

• pic 136.jpg
    pic 136.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 77
  • pic 152.jpg
    pic 152.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 71
Great pics Roman. there's a book out all about the chance discovery of the Hurricane, in India, and how it was eventually returned to the UK. It covers its history in the BoB, and the full story of its re-build to flying condition, with some great pics. Well worth a read. The title is 'Hurricane R1448' - that is, if I've got the serial number right !

That's the one Roman ! Sorry, I didn't have the info in front of me, and transposed the numbers !
I got the book out of the library about 18 months ago, and read it from cover to cover in one go. It's a fascinating story of a re-build from scrap, basically, and the way it was found was incredible. I've seen the book on Amazon at a good price, so I think I'll get it.

Zdar Seesul!

Diki na fotky a popis. :D
mého otce straně rodinného života jen na západ od Ostravy.

I learned enough Czech to get me in trouble, but not that well to write much. ;)

It sounds like it was a lot of fun!

Last time I visited I went on a little tour flight from Mošnově (I wanted to film instead of fly myself. ;) Maybe will YouTube the video)

I have to visit again soon!

Ciao!

Zdar Seesul!

Diki na fotky a popis. :D
mého otce straně rodinného života jen na západ od Ostravy.

I learned enough Czech to get me in trouble, but not that well to write much. ;)

It sounds like it was a lot of fun!

Last time I visited I went on a little tour flight from Mošnově (I wanted to film instead of fly myself. ;) Maybe will YouTube the video)

I have to visit again soon!

Ciao!

Ahoj Františ!
Small world! You flew from Mošnov and the airshow was at the same airport- Ostrava Mošnov.
Yep, there are a lots of Czechs in Texas. I got a friend in Dallas and he told me there are a lots of Czechs around. I also have a friend in San Antonio who visited me here in May. His uncle was KIA aboard of B-17G 5 miles away from my born town. He wanted to see the crash site...

Take care!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back