Need advise. Want to build a Spanish Civil War I16 russian bomber. Which kit to buy?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Does anyone sells the already made? Or anyone take requests for planes? So they can be made and sold?
Thanks

13. He lives in Spain and is obsessed with older planes. He lives in Spain. I will be visiting Spain in a few months.
Thanks

If he isn't a modeller , the model won't stay in one piece for longer. I would suggest finding a model of the diecast type.

Here is the link to ebay where you can buy the Academy kit unbuilt. The kit is in the USA so the cost of sending it to you shouldn't be huge.

Polikarpov I 16 Type 10 1 48th Scale Academy Brand Model Airplane Kit | eBay

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
He has a collection that his Dad built in the 60s and 70s. He has more than 10 and he takes great care of them.
Thanks

Last edited:
I will finish it for sure, but it is not going to look too good. I can give him this one as a present. It looks like it really came from the Spanish Civil War. I want to get him one that is well painted and all the decals are in place. Any of you want to try it and make it. I will pay for the model, ship it to you and pay for your time. Anyone wants to try it?

I think he will like one built special by you.
It should fit into a small enough box for you to put it in a carry-on bag. Loosely wrap some bubble wrap around it and place it in the box with plenty of styrofoam peanuts around it to arrest any movement. Should be good.

I will finish this one, but I do not have the skills or the money right now to invest in a better painting system. I only want to finish mine, but I can not give him my model. It looks like crap. I want to give him one that looks like it should. I looked into the diecast but can not find any with the Republic decals. Only Russian version.

Alrighty then, wondering if you can pop the decals off the diecast one and put the Spanish ones on. It might be a costly venture though if it doesn't work.

Geo

Still offering to help with the one you're building.

I would follow Geo's advice. I don't think the model looks like a crap. Most of my models were painted with a brush and there is nothing wrong with using of that. As I understand your model isn't going to participate in any competition. So...if you don't want to give her to your nephew as the gift you may treat it as a kind of getting training for making the second one. It will cost less than commisioned one.

Wojtek, if he doesn't like the paint job, what would you recommend as a paint remover? Cheaper than buying another model. All my models are brush painted. I've got an airbrush but it scares the bejaysus out of me.

Geo

If these paints are acrylic, a green brake fluid R-3 should help or the WAMOD paint remover.

3146_4.jpg
WAMOD_45.jpg
300_300_productGfx_2e053990180ee19a174970b38e91abb2.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back