Need Camo Assist For Beriev MBR-2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

EABurleigh

Recruit
Apr 11, 2009
Hello to everyone Happy Holidays wherever you might be!

Am in the process of modeling one of my older models (began back in the 60's but had to stop during my marriage, long story), this one being a Russian Beriev MBR-2. However, after viewing the rather poor B&W photos online, the difficult to verify art on "Wings Palette," as well as looking through my own library of mag's and books, there's nothing verifiable as to the actual markings and coloration for this gorgeous flying boat. Oh, and have also been through Erik Pilawskii's impressive site, however he focuses on strictly Russian fighters and medium bombers, no seaplanes.

Likewise, have done a full search through this forum, and have seen the one model rep from Australia, but it still does not seem accurate. Needless to say I am quite a stickler for accuracy, inside and out, and even make my own parts as needed.

Any information regarding standard camouflage finishes for the Beriev MBR-2 would be appreciated. Am hoping someone here might have better contacts or search results than I've been blessed with!

Warm Regards,

Eric Burleigh
EBWarbirds (soon to be online!)

Hi Eric, welcome aboard. The only color drawing I have is from The Encyclopedia of Weapons from WW2 page 371 by Bishop. Hope this helps

David

Attachments

• MBR-2.JPG
    MBR-2.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 386
Hi Eric, welcome aboard. The only color drawing I have is from The Encyclopedia of Weapons from WW2 page 371 by Bishop. Hope this helps

David
Thank you very much for this image David, it is a lot better than the one on the Wings Palette site but sadly I am looking for the two-toned scheme which looks either to be green and gray or black and green, hard to really tell.

BTW, the model I am building is by "Eastern Express" - does that explain it's vintage? In particular, the aircraft I am re-creating is specifically the red #2 in the Beriev MBR-2 series. Artist representations of this aircraft depict it as both what appears to be as mentioned above, bright green (FS14524) and flat black -- or dark green (FS24062) and dark sea grey (FS26270). Or it may be none of the above!

Would really like to know!

Just as an aside, here's some representatives of the "work" I love to do in my spare time: http://www.aloder.freeyellow.com/gallery_061809/image026.htm and also: http://www.aloder.freeyellow.com/gallery_061809/image027.htm

Regards,

Eric Burleigh

Do you mean the one?

Attachments

• MBR-2_3.jpg
    MBR-2_3.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 397
  • MBR-2_2.jpg
    MBR-2_2.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 314
  • MBR-2_1.jpg
    MBR-2_1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 289
THX Paul. :)

The Russian sources say that the flying boat was painted Light Green and Black on upper surfaces.And the Light Blue on undersides.

Do you mean the one?

Actually yes! You've hit the version correctly and the colorations appear to be a bit better than other copies of this image online. Thank you!

Warm Regards,

Eric Burleigh

THX Paul. :)

The Russian sources say that the flying boat was painted Light Green and Black on upper surfaces.And the Light Blue on undersides.

That makes complete sense in relation to what I'd been able to find online so far, I truly appreciate all the helpful and timely responses. Shouldn't have stayed a stranger around these parts for so long! Will post some final images when the model is completed.

Happy Holidays to all!

Eric Burleigh

I found this color profile in book "Black Cross Red Star" Volume 2. No detailed information on color scheme, but I hope it can prove useful here...

Attachments

• Copy of 030.jpg
    Copy of 030.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 391

Users who are viewing this thread

Back