Need help to ID a WW2 German Fighter based on a part plate..Bf-109 or FW-190 ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dec 17, 2016
France
Hello,
The attached picture shows a plate attached to what seems to be a machine gun support found on a crash site of a German fighter aircraft that was shot down on May 27, 1944 in the Vosges mountains, North Eastern France. None of the local people knows which type of aircraft it was.
The main references of this part seems to be St. L131/5B/R
Does anyone know if this German fighter aircraft was a Bf-109 or a FW-190?
Thank you for your help.
Best Daniel
IMG_20200516_210529.jpg

Hello, This is strange, Crimea_River, as the older people of the village told us that this crash site is the one of a German fighter shot down on May 27, 1944. On that specific day, there were Bf-109 and Fw-190 engaged against B-17s protected by P-51s. The locals do not know which type of German fighter crashed in their village. The last digit of the Fl number can be red "8" or "9 ". Which one did you use to state that this instrument is a 1915 one ? Fl. 204948 or Fl. 204949 ? Best Daniel

Big i dont know for sure but perhaps it is a weapon related plate. Cant find a 6 number fl item with those numbers.

I have gone through the weapons section of the FW190A parts catalogue and it does not show up there. the closest Fl number I found was this:

Capture.JPG

You say this plate was attached to a machine gun support. Do you have a picture of the support that it was attached to?

A thought..the number 131 on the top part of the plate...perhaps it refers to the MG131 machinegun

And if so...since both the Fw190 and Me109 were equipped with the MG131 it will not be possible to determin the type only with this plate. Long shot....if you are able to clean up the part were it says Hersteller...it could be that the factory name pops up where this part was made. That could be a hint. Although it looks like nothing is stamped in there...

Last edited:
Excellent! However, my limited German isn't identifying what the part is for but I'm gleaning that it's some kind of modification. Where did you find this info?

Hello
Great input woodhaven
Thank you very much
Can you confirm that this part was mounted on FW-190 only ?
Best Daniel

Hello Woodhaven,
I have a question about WW2 Luftwaffe Abreviations used with "Anforderz" when we talk about parts or equipment.
From what I understand, "Fl." Stands for "Fliegermaterial" (parts or equipment used for anything that flies).
Would you happen to know what "Ln." and "Sk." mean when used after "Anforderz." ? Which category of equipment are they supposed to include?
Best regards
Daniel BASTIEN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back