Need Info On a Couple of 110 Gruppen

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello! My dad purchased the Revell 1/32 Bf 110C-4/C-4/B for a steal, and he wanted me to find some alternate schemes for it, but I figured he should probably at least stick to the units that are there, but I cannot find any info on either of them.

The Gruppen are:

3./ZG 26

2./EGr 210

I'm embarassed to say I don't even know what an EGr is! :oops:

Thanks in advance!

Hi Catch22,

I've tried to find more Bf110C profiles but without a success.Here you are these I've found of 3./ZG26 and 2./EGr210.The last one shows the a/c of I./ZG26 but it seems that the plane had been serving in 3./Zg26 before it was used by I./ZG26.

BTW. EGr stands for Erprobungsgruppe.

source unknown.

Attachments

• bf110C.jpg
    bf110C.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 196
  • bf110C4.jpg
    bf110C4.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 180
  • bf110C4_.jpg
    bf110C4_.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 179
  • bf110C4_1.jpg
    bf110C4_1.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 149
Ah... ja,ja. Das ist typo.
I just was reading a book about JG26 and in meantime looking for these profiles.
Sorry friends. :oops:

Its actually very easy. A Geschwader (like JG 1) held in the beginning of the war 3 Gruppen and towards the end 4 Gruppen of aircraft, identified by Roman numerals - i.e. I, II, III, IV (IV./JG 1). Each Gruppe was broken down into staffels, usually 4 but possibly more, and they were identified by conventional numerals, i.e. 1, 2, 3, etc. (8./JG 1). As to the number of aircraft, I don't have that info on hand but I believe there was about 34 aircraft in each Gruppen. From the staffel you go into schwarms and rotten.

One other addition. Each Geschwader and Gruppe had a command flight or Stab which the Commander and his unit flew - normally only a few aircraft (written like Stab I./JG 1).

Each type of air unit had an abbreviation for its purpose. So a Zestroergeschwader - or Destroyer Squadron - would be written as ZG.

So....
Stab I./JG 1 would be

The Command flight of the I Gruppe of Jagdgeschwader 1.

or

you were looking for 3./ZG 26

that would be the Third Staffel of Zerstorergeschwader 26 ( which by the way would be part of I Gruppe - I./ZG 26 :D )

I'm sure Wurger or others can correct some of the mistakes I've made - and I'm sure I have :oops: - but this is the basics.

Now the markings on the planes to distinguish this can be confusing!!

Yea it true Wayne.

There is a shot I have found in Wikipedia site.I hope italso will help.

Attachments

• lw organise.jpg
    lw organise.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 160
The Fighter geschwadern are much easier to work out, being a coloured number system, with or without a symbol on the rear fuselage and more importantly easier to understand as Wurger has laid out.

The Bomber style codes, well, they're just a more complicated system and you really need a chart of some sort to identify what belongs where?

Check out the following link to see what I mean...

luftwaffe_codes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back