Need replacement prop

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

dirkpitt289

Master Sergeant
Jul 16, 2009
South Plainfield New Jersey
I've seen a lot of people post looking for help with missing or broken parts but admittingly never paid much mind because I don't have those kinds of parts laying around. Well now its my turn to need help.

I recently purchased a 1/72 Revell henschel Hs 129 B-2/R-2 (kit number 04313) on eBay and one of the props is busted. I don't even have the broken blade to attempt a repair.

If anyone has one kicking around or knows who and how to contact for a replacement please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Can't help with a spare prop I'm afraid, but if you contact Revell, via the address shown on the box/instruction sheet, you shoul be able to obtain one. Check to see whether the kit is Revell USA or Revell Germany, and then use the relevant e-mail service on their web-sites. State the kit name, number, part number and description, and what the problem is, eg, missing, broken etc.
As you might know, response times vary, and can be protracted! I'm still waiting for a replacement Airfix part, requested on 28th October!

Can't help with a spare prop I'm afraid, but if you contact Revell, via the address shown on the box/instruction sheet, you shoul be able to obtain one. Check to see whether the kit is Revell USA or Revell Germany, and then use the relevant e-mail service on their web-sites. State the kit name, number, part number and description, and what the problem is, eg, missing, broken etc.
As you might know, response times vary, and can be protracted! I'm still waiting for a replacement Airfix part, requested on 28th October!

Before you contact either of them find out first if the kit is discontinued. If it is, don't even bother trying to contact either Revell USA or Revell Germany for a replacement part as they do NOT keep spare parts for discontinued kits.

If it is NOT discontinued, go to the Revell USA website and look for their spare parts ordering link. Do not contact Revell Germany as they will simply refer you back to the Revell USA website for the replacement parts.

Once you find the replacement art link, Terry's description is spot on. You will want to provide the kit name, kit number, part name, part number, and the page on the instructions where it appears.

Then after you submit your order, sit back and watch the moss grow on the nearest rock. Revell takes a HORREDNOUSLY long time to process replacement part orders. My last episode with them took 19 weeks to resolve.

And my guess is that the kit IS discontinued based on the kit #.

If all else fails, you might want to see if aeroclub makes an appropriate replacement.

Dirk, let me check my stash. I have tons of props and such - may even have this exact model. I'll see. Give me a few days as they are packed away from the move at the moment. And if things are Hunky Dory, I'll send them. Can't be too much $$ for snail-mail from New Jersey to New Jersey? :)

Dirk, let me check my stash. I have tons of props and such - may even have this exact model. I'll see. Give me a few days as they are packed away from the move at the moment. And if things are Hunky Dory, I'll send them. Can't be too much $$ for snail-mail from New Jersey to New Jersey? :)

That would be great. keep me posted

Good point Dwight - I forgot to mention checking if it's discontinued, as I know Revell, and some other companies, don't stock these items. Airfix keep stock of a few complete kits, even of discontinued items, which is probably why I didn't mention it.
Aeroclub or one of the other accessories companies might have a prop, although this one might be a bit of an 'odd ball' as far as high-volume turn-over is concerned, so Chris is probably your best bet. Any prop of the right size, pitch etc would at least provide the basis for re-modelling if needed.

Can you give us the diameter of that prop, mate? I'll check my spares aswell.
(Actually they have an Airfix Hs 129 at the LHS)

Ok what I thought I had as a Hs 129 was actually a Hs 123! Soo, I'm gonna get another box of spares and see if I can round up something similar. This is 1/72?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back