Need some help, please.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

diddyriddick

Staff Sergeant
May 29, 2009
Hamlet, NC, US
This isn't history in the strictest sense so I'm putting it here. If it's the wrong forum, my apologies to the mods in advance.

A friend of mine is trying to find some info on her father who was a navy flyer in the late 60s and early 70s (Academy graduate class of 64). When she was young, she didn't pay any attention to her father's military career and he's gone now. She's trying to recapture what she missed. I don't know what squadron, or ship he served on. The only thing I do have is a copy of a pic with a limited view of one of the planes in the background (attached.)

In looking at the pic, the air intake, wings, tail, and time frame are consistent with either an F-8 or A-7. But the canopy looks too long to me. Any thoughts?

Cathy's Dad.jpg

If your friend is interested in her father's service record, she can fill out an SF-180 and submit it. Being a surviving child they wont charge her for that service. If she needs any further help, any of the veterans organizations should be happy to help. DAV, VFW, American Legion, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back