New B-25 1/32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I Can't wait I've got two coming the glass nose and the cannon !!!

I hear ya Bud it's like the He111 by Revell issues with suppliers and production and I am sure I am missing some of the other issues WS mentioned.It will be worth it w/only 2500 of each type being produced for at least the first run.Cheers

Jan I think me and Wayne have the same problem way to many kits and not enough days.Hell I have been crank'em out lately just to lighten that Gorilla to monkey status :lol:Cheers

If....I were to do so...I think my B@lls and I would part company shortly thereafter...the Missus would see to that.....:shock:

Wine and dine Wayne, wine and dine! :lol:

Jan I think me and Wayne have the same problem way to many kits and not enough days.Hell I have been crank'em out lately just to lighten that Gorilla to monkey status :lol:Cheers

I thought that it was something different! :lol:

I saw a add for the B-25 today. Does anyone know if spruce brothers make a good product? I would hate to order one ant the parts do not line up or it has 2 left wings. I would liek to have at lease the H model but the Russian J look good also.

DBII

I saw a add for the B-25 today. Does anyone know if spruce brothers make a good product? I would hate to order one ant the parts do not line up or it has 2 left wings. I would liek to have at lease the H model but the Russian J look good also.

DBII

David do you mean Sprue Brothers? From the test shots the B-25 looks like a winner, you just need enough space somewhere to put it, once you build it!

DBII

Sprue Brothers is actually the US distributer for the manufacturer of the kit.All the write ups seem to be winners.

Sure doesn't. Sounds like he's not in a strong position either - would be very expensive to contest the situation legally.
So, look out for some B25s coming from trumpeter or similar ....... at a much higher price probably.

In a later post, #58, in the same thread Martin says "After reading the replies, I feel the need to add some extra information, to ensure we are not getting in discussions where we should not go into:"........"To be clear, we are NOT talking about Trumpeter / Hobby Boss or another common known manufacturer !
They have NO connection at all with Wingscale !!".

I think it would be safe to assume "another common known manufacturer" would be Dragon?

The B-25, Meteor, and B-17 will likely still be released, but it won't be Trumpeter.

Yeah, that's just not right. But, Martin is being very gracious about it, in the same post he encourages people to still buy the B-25, in whatever box it might be in. Again, this is post #58 on page 4 of the LSP forum, reading it really shows the kind of person Martin is.

Well I probably will not ATM be buying one.I understand that this was how guys like Martin/WS were keeping the prices down by cutting out the distributor I think.There was some talk about this on another forum(hyperscale) were a Owner/manufacture was not to keen on process(I guess because he was trapped in it) but it allows these new upcoming limited run kits to retail at a lower price.

I had been waiting impatiently for these to hit the market and was ready to order one from Sprue Bros. as soon as they became available. But now, after the way his Chinese "partners" did Martin, I'm rethinking that decision. The bottom line is that that Martin got well and truly scre*ed, though as noted above, he is being very gracious about it. For my part, I think I'm going to have to boycott this offering. It is us, as the modelling consumer, that have the ultimate power over the manufacturers, and when we know they are ripping off a good man and still buy their product, we become nothing less than their accomplices. This has gotten a lot of attention on the large scale boards, since we are a smaller portion of the wider model airplane market. In my opinion, we need to send the message that this type of business practice, which seems all to frequent in the Chinese business world, won't be supported by us, the consumers. We can howl on the boards all we want, but what these companies listen to are the dollars. Let's make ourselves heard on this one.

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back