New builds for 2020...1/1000 Enterprise Refit-Star Trek (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

vandee

Senior Airman
Aug 21, 2019
Just started this for the new year. 1/1000 Polar Lights USS Enterprise refit. Not a whole lot of
parts but tons of decals. About 116 Aztec style decals cover almost 90% of the plastic. So far
it's the saucer. saucer to engineering "neck" and the two pylons that attach the warp nacelles
to the engineering section body. I built the 1/1000 TOS Enterprise a couple years ago and
thought this would look good next to it. The second new build will be the Revell 1/72 B-17F
Flying Fortress. I just ordered it so it won't be in for a bit. My father mentioned flying one in
1944 when he was in training out "west", thinking California, before he got shipped out to
Guam then Okinawa with the USAAF. He wasn't a pilot, just a lowly corporal on a bulldozer
cutting airfields for bombers going to Japan. Not sure how he fly it but he said the pilot told
him to sit in co pilot's seat when they were on a training flight and he "told" him what to do.
Dad said he swore the wings were actually flapping! Here are some pictures of my Enterprise
build start and the kit on it's way.---John
Enterprise 1.JPG

Enterprise 2.JPG

Enterprise 3.JPG

Enterprise 6.JPG

Enterprise 7.JPG

Revell 1-72 B-17F.jpg

I am almost ready to start painting. I needed a very small amount of putty, next is
the warp nacelles. They suggest white pearl but I don't think that's right. The pearl
sets off the Aztec decals so they claim. I have never done pearl paint but I think I
will do a very light gray. Can you do a light gray then do a pearl coat over that?- John
Enterprise 8.JPG

Here's the 3 decal sheets, 116 decals.- John
Enterprise 9.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back