New default style Atrakus

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

horseUSA

Administrator
Staff
Admin
Mod
Mar 10, 2003
Florida, USA
ww2aircraft.net
The forum has introduced a new default style. Artakus v2 is now the default replacing Xenith. Xenith is still available to use. To switch to Xenith follow this link then scroll down and click "Use This Style": Xenith Style

The switch to Artakus brings a faster and less resource intense style with better mobile/tablet compatibility. If you use Artakus styles the site should load faster and be overall more responsive. Artakus also is smaller in size which will help those with a lower bandwidth/mobile connection.

There may still be some style issues and comments are always useful. Please use the Website section to post error/problems or corrections/suggestions.

Available styles:
  • Artakus v2 :: The new default style. Brown/tan and similar to style from 2007 site
  • Artakus - Blue/Grey :: A clone of Artakus but using blues and greys
  • Xenith :: Old default style.

These can be selected by going to the bottom left of site and clicking the "Style Chooser".
Also your default style can be changed in user preferences: https://ww2aircraft.net/forum/account/preferences

At the top the
lightning-bolt-shadow.png
takes you to the new posts page.

mobile.PNG

On mobile devices there is a bar on the bottom. The icons provide the following:
home.png
Link to home page
comment-black-oval-bubble-shape.png
Link to new posts page
magnifying-glass.png
Link to search site
cog-wheel-silhouette.png
Your user settings

Also in the bottom right there is two faint arrow up/arrow down icons. They show when scrolling and allow you to quickly goto top or bottom of page when clicked.

I don't have it any more. I seem to remember there was a close box in the upper right corner of the message which I think I clicked.

how doe I get rid of this oversized message announcing the style change ?
There is a dismiss x in the upper right corner. That will get rid of notices.
The notice will automatically dismiss tomorrow, which will be a week after new layout.

notice dismiss.PNG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back