New gun cam video

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The clarity of some of the video in this is amazing. I really like the rocket use. As for the pilot getting shot at, I didnt see any tracers, but again that doesnt mean that the pilot was using tracers.

I didn't expect to find footage of a pilot in a parachute being shot at.

Actually fairly common practice. It is likely just another pass from the prior film where the pilot bails out. It was often used to confirm kills to make another run on the downed airplane and/or the pilot in parachute with the guns switched off, but the camera still on for visual confirmation.

Recently declassified? Rather doubt that. I've seen some of that footage before.

Note the poor strafing discipline amongst allied airplanes. You can image how many of our own pilots suffered from fratricide and shot down over enemy territory with over zealous pilots. This too was not uncommon. Interesting to note that Zemke was a strong advocate to not let his pilots fall into that trap.

Dont see the parachute getting fired on.

Another thing is thier is a beach shot and some strafing...you can actually see guys running.

Talk about getting yer day ruined.

Interesting footage I haven't seen all before.

On February 17, 1945, Sgt. Suguru Yamazaki of Yokosuka air group of the navy bailed out in the sky of Tokyo but was unfortunately misidentified as a B-29 crew to be killed by the residents on the ground. He was probably tall enough to be misidentified as an American.

Since then, all navy and army pilots for the mission of the capital defense were requested to sew a national flag on the sleeve.

Thanks Shinpacki-san, interesting info. And Beau, I liked the post and didn't attribute the "recently declassified" to you. It was actually at the top of the page on the link.

Thanks Shinpacki-san, interesting info. And Beau, I liked the post and didn't attribute the "recently declassified" to you. It was actually at the top of the page on the link.

You are welcome, Matt308:)

Attachments

• album9106.jpg
    album9106.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 197
Most of the Japanese planes seemed to burn readily, revealing a lack of self sealing tanks. Do not think the guy in the chute was being machine gunned and, if he was, he was still intact which would be a virtual impossibility with six fifty cal machine guns working. We were not there, however, and do not know why they were firing at targets, especially the dudes running for their lives on the beach. Let's give the American pilots credit for having the manhood to fly so far from base with not a soul holding their hand. Least of all, any of us with 20-20 hindsight.

I just played and played repeated times the video ( downloaded converted to .avi and clarified ) and I cant see any hit on the gliding pilot on parachute, is my opinion he was filmed but no fired at.

Actually fairly common practice. It is likely just another pass from the prior film where the pilot bails out. It was often used to confirm kills to make another run on the downed airplane and/or the pilot in parachute with the guns switched off, but the camera still on for visual confirmation.

Recently declassified? Rather doubt that. I've seen some of that footage before.

Note the poor strafing discipline amongst allied airplanes. You can image how many of our own pilots suffered from fratricide and shot down over enemy territory with over zealous pilots. This too was not uncommon. Interesting to note that Zemke was a strong advocate to not let his pilots fall into that trap.

Dont see the parachute getting fired on.

Another thing is thier is a beach shot and some strafing...you can actually see guys running.

Talk about getting yer day ruined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back