Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thorlifter

Captain
Jun 10, 2004
Knoxville, TN
My wife and I just moved into our new home. As anyone that has moved, you know it's a ton of work, especially when you do the moving yourself. It's the first new house I have ever owned and am just a little proud. It's not a mansion, but it's more than plenty for me. Plus, it's out of the city so it's VERY quiet with low traffic. We bought new furniture for the living room, an entertainment center, dining room furniture, TV's, refrigerator, and washer and dryer so we are still waiting for some of it to be delivered. The internet is SCREAMING fast. 50Mbs download!!!! Just thought I'd share.

Attachments

• 20150514_172417.jpg
    20150514_172417.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 119
  • 20150524_194807.jpg
    20150524_194807.jpg
    1,008.2 KB · Views: 119
You know Jan, I thought about calling you via the buddy system, but I figured you were face down in a bar/ditch/parking lot somewhere. Of course, I didn't want to call for you to come work, I wanted to call so I could come JOIN you!

The moving-pain is etched into me...We moved here, Arkansas, during 2010-2011 it took months to get everything and one BIG Allied Van Line truck at the very end.
I will now think of you everytime one of those big Gulf Tropical systems comes this way.
Last but not least a beautiful house and the area will get even nicer as construction ends and the area matures, congrats

Last edited:
Congrats! Home owning is always exciting but can also be a bit scary. Especially in your case where it is a new house.

My wife and I bought our first house last year. It is an older but nice home. Not too big, only 1400 sq. ft. Thats enough for us though since we don't have children. We figured buy something cheaper, keep our mortgage low for now, and build more equity, then build our new home later down the road when we have kids and this place is too small.

Congratulations. Nice house and ooohh a green lawn, something we are no longer supposed to have in California. Here dirt is the new grass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back