NEW LOACH KITS!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dave998

Airman
Sep 22, 2010
Wauconda, IL
At last, I just got my hands on two new Hughes 500 kits in 1/72. I'm so pleased with them, I decided to post a quick in-box preview...pics to follow ASAP. BTW, I'm a noob at this, so pardon any mistakes. The new kits are by PROFILINE, out of Prague, Czech Republic (surprise!), and they are available online at www.profiline.wbs.cz.

Subjects: Cat. No. 7010: Hughes 500D
Cat. No. 7011: Hughes 500E (variant with elongated "egg")
Packaging: Kits' contents in zip-loc plastic bags inside sturdy end-opening cardboard boxes with full-color artwork on all surfaces. Color scheme sideviews (8 and 9, respectively) on reverse sides.
Plastic: Fuselage and doors are molded in clear plastic, with seams where they will not harm clarity of windows (hooray!). Other parts are finely molded in tan plastic with minimal flash and delicate recessed panel lines. Full interior provided. Parts design will allow Profiline to issue NOTAR variants of the kit.
Options: 2- or 4-bladed tail rotor, tall or short landing skid struts, 2 different styles of vertical finlets. No PE, but sharply printed film instrument panel and console panel are provided.
Instructions: 8 pages with clear drawings and decal-placement diagrams; very nice.
Decals: WOW! Beautifully sharp, in perfect registry, with private owners, police, and military options for both kits (see packaging notes).
Overall impressions: Bravo to Stepan Stransky for a superlative job. These variants of the Loach have not previously been kitted in this scale (Italeri's is to an earlier standard), and they are very welcome additions to the helo kit world, IMHO.

A special hello to Night Fighter Nut: well, here goes nothing (maybe), since you showed interest, I am trying something I've never done before. Pix have been re-sized to 600x800, so let's see what happens!?!

Attachments

• P9240396.JPG
    P9240396.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 136
  • P9240398.JPG
    P9240398.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 123
  • P9240397.JPG
    P9240397.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Well, 3 out of 4 ain't bad...let's try that sprue pic one more time... Oh, BTW, I notice that the sprue shows Hughes 500D/E and NOTAR (yee-haw!), so one should be coming along some time.

Attachments

• P9240399.JPG
    P9240399.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 125
Hello again, Night Fighter. I think I'd like to do the Finnish and Argentine helos, but that very sharp Mexican Navy isn't out of the running either. Will be working on these little gems just after I finish my Anigrand 1/144 Kalinin K-7. Anybody want to see pix of that true weirdo kit?

Roger, wilco, VB. I am a tad curious about Group Builds...is there one on-going or coming up for which the K-7 would be appropriate? On a related topic did U finish that ICM TB-7? What a nightmarish build that monster looks to be!

In the group build thread there is a list of the different builds through out the year. You could see if your plane fits into one of them. You could also ask any of the moderators. Check with them if you're really not sure where to post something. :)

On a related topic did U finish that ICM TB-7? What a nightmarish build that monster looks to be!

I worked on it a little more after the last time I posted. Unfortunately had a slight CA glue mishap. Some leaked out of a joint and adhered to some tape I had on the bottom which means I have a nice large blue blob glued on the bottom. Right now I'm looking to buy another kit to replace the parts I ruined. :oops:

Ouch, that's gotta hurt! With all those @#%%! corrugations, replacement isn't easy. Have you ever made corrugated sheet by sliding a plastic saw sideways along a piece of sheet styrene? I did it once, and was quite pleased with the results. I will be out of town for a few days, then will post K-7 pics before I begin construction. Best wishes, Dave H.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back