New Orleans Air Sea and Land Festival 2018

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Wildcat pilot (I think Greg Shelton) was by far the most 'Wild' (pun intended) and acrobatic. Impressed me with the agility and speed of the FM-2 which is not a plane I really thought of that way. He was pulling out from Split-S's at like 50 feet and definitely not afraid to be pulling G's. Last year he was there as well and also pretty impressive but had the Yak-9 and the P-40 to contend with as well and they were also very acrobatic. This year he really stole the show.

DSC_0295.JPG

DSC_0299.JPG

DSC_0307.JPG

DSC_0311.JPG

We heard the round engine birds from the controlline field in City Park. Some years we can see them but this year they stayed low. The event at the park was the world wide Ringmaster Fly-a-thon where controlline flyers put up as many flights with Ringmasters, with as many different pilots as possible. The totals from around the world will be counted by The Brotherhood of the Ring and results published. If our members don't get it, It's a controlline thing.

We heard the round engine birds from the controlline field in City Park. Some years we can see them but this year they stayed low. The event at the park was the world wide Ringmaster Fly-a-thon where controlline flyers put up as many flights with Ringmasters, with as many different pilots as possible. The totals from around the world will be counted by The Brotherhood of the Ring and results published. If our members don't get it, It's a controlline thing.

I know that place very well I have spent quite a bit of time in that same area near the Harrison Traffic Circle, we have met a few of the control line guys who were very nice. One of them had a home made ramjet he showed us! Small world my friend. I love City Park to me it's one of the finest locations in the universe.

S

Club members cut grass on Fridays and fly if not too windy., Sundays usually after 2 if not windy or raining. If the yellow pipe gate is open some one is there. Remember, one almost always walks away from a controlline model crash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back