New rection emoji

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never heard these slang terms. Must be only in Italian neighborhoods. In gangsta to cap means to pop a cap, i.e. I'ma cap yo ass.
no African American mostly but diffused into "whitey" communities

The expression "cap" started in the early 1900, no cap first appeared on twitter around 2012.
In Black slang, to cap about something is "to brag," "to exaggerate," or "to lie" about it. This meaning of cap dates back to the early 1900s.

History lesson: In the 1940s, according to Green's Dictionary of Slang, to cap is evidenced as slang meaning "to surpass," connected to the ritualized insults of capping (1960s). These terms appear to be rooted in the sense of cap as "top" or "upper limit."

So, no cap has the sense of "no lie," "no joke," "for real," or "not bragging." The expression is closely associated with slang in Atlanta-area hip-hop. It appears on Twitter by at least 2012, though it was almost certainly in use in spoken English before then.

Ah, so it's US "kidspeak", not really required on an International forum, even though US based. We tend to communicate in English here, avoiding idiotic and vague slang words which would not be understood by members who are not American.
i finna put that in a British automated voice thing an I am dying omg "idiotic" soooo British of you to say

The expression "cap" started in the early 1900, no cap first appeared on twitter around 2012.
In Black slang, to cap about something is "to brag," "to exaggerate," or "to lie" about it. This meaning of cap dates back to the early 1900s.

History lesson: In the 1940s, according to Green's Dictionary of Slang, to cap is evidenced as slang meaning "to surpass," connected to the ritualized insults of capping (1960s). These terms appear to be rooted in the sense of cap as "top" or "upper limit."

So, no cap has the sense of "no lie," "no joke," "for real," or "not bragging." The expression is closely associated with slang in Atlanta-area hip-hop. It appears on Twitter by at least 2012, though it was almost certainly in use in spoken English before then.
well I'm not from 1940 like you guys

Ah, so it's US "kidspeak", not really required on an International forum, even though US based. We tend to communicate in English here, avoiding idiotic and vague slang words which would not be understood by members who are not American adolescents

Fixed for accuracy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back