Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crimea_River

Marshal
Nov 16, 2008
Calgary
I was away from the forum for a couple of days and wanted to catch up on the Ukraine war post which is very active. I starting where I left off, some 17 pages earlier than the most current page and, while I was reading, new posts starting showing up on the bottom of the age that I was reading:

Capture.JPG

This has tripped my up a couple of times where I hadn't noticed that I was suddenly skipping from an old post to more recent ones, only to turn the page and find myself reading the next old post. Very confusing.

I checked my settings and there does not seem to be a way to prevent new posts from appearing on an old page currently being read. Hoping there is a way to stop this from happening.

The Internet is working quite strange today. I have noticed it slowed down and errors happened more often. There are errors on the server list so it may be the another issue with updating of the soft or the general changings to the net. IMHO , Horse has to look at this. THX for reporting.

The Internet is working quite strange today. I have noticed it slowed down and errors happened more often. There are errors on the server list so it may be the another issue with updating of the soft or the general changings to the net. IMHO , Horse has to look at this. THX for reporting.

Putin is watching…

It really has been this way. It is only evident on an active thread with many participants. The latest comments show up on the bottom of the thread page you are reading and then again at the proper posting time when one catches up to the last page. I notice it because I read most of the threads (except GB) and begin over with "new posts" and keep up with conversations.

It's a function of the software; it puts posts made while you're reading onto the bottom of the page, rather than queuing them at the end like the good lord above approves. It's a VB quirk. I believe it can be untoggled by admin, but like S special ed says, I'm former USAF, I'm used to everything being in triplicate.

Yes, even the toilet-paper was three-ply.

I've only experienced this issue twice.
The "Groundhog" thread and the "Putin is a douchebag" thread, where the new post/replies happen faster than my reading the posts.

I didn't think much of it, as back in the olden days of the interwebs, chat rooms were HTML refresh, not IRC, so while reading the comments on the page, the chronological order of posts would become erratic.

Yes, I'm that old...

I also noticed if you click the "next page" button at the bottom opens up the new page at the end of it instead of the top. It annoys me.
I'll have a look into this today and see if I can fix that. If not, I'll ask horse to look into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back