New XP-82 Commission for Restoration Project

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ColesAircraft

Airman 1st Class
I was recently commissioned by Tom Reilly to create an original painting of the XP-82 Twin Mustang that his group is currently restoring to flight status in Florida. I'm very honored to have been able to throw my all into the project and a part of something so unique! This is my provisionally completed piece, and this is how she'll look once the aircraft is done - replete with highly polished aluminum overall! I didn't realize, until getting far along with my painting, just how striking this aircraft is going to be.

A-XP82-1.jpg

- RC

Should be nice when done! Interesting restoration project too, wonder how many original P-82 (as opposed to P-51) parts are around?

They're having to new-build one of the fuselages, but it is amazing how many parts they've been able to locate. The entire additional cockpit was found in a private collection, for example - no small feat considering this is the XP-82 and thus different from the F-82 in having dual controls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back