Newby with a 262

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Keith burton

Recruit
Dec 10, 2019
Hi. My name is keith Burton and I'm new to this site. I currently have both the revell and hobby boss me 262 night fighter in 132nd scale. I'm planning on doing them both with engines uncovered or even removed on a dolly but have limited information. I was hoping other members could offer help. I hope to make a thread for the build.

Hi Keith and welcome to the site. I'll be George if you want. You've come to the right place for help, lots of friendly people available and willing to offer assistance. Looking forward to the build

Welcome aboard Keith. I built a 1/48 version here and I try to go for accuracy, both historical and anatomical so I'll try to help any way that I can. I also just ordered this book that may shed some new light on the subject of Me262 night fighters.

Well, those are ambitious projects. I have a couple of RM 1/32 He-162 I have yet to touch. I have quite a number of books on the Me-262 and the latest one I acquired, by David Baker, really goes into the development in detail. Attached are some pictures from the book..

Good luck!
Me262-engine-1B.jpg
Me262-engine-2.jpg
Me262-engine-3.jpg
Me262-engine-4.jpg
Me262-engine-5.jpg
Me262-engine-6.jpg
Me262-engine-1A.jpg

Well, those are ambitious projects. I have a couple of RM 1/32 He-162 I have yet to touch. I have quite a number of books on the Me-262 and the latest one I acquired, by David Baker, really goes into the development in detail. Attached are some pictures from the book..

Good luck!
View attachment 563571View attachment 563572View attachment 563573View attachment 563574View attachment 563575View attachment 563576View attachment 563570
Thanks for the pics.there are some holes around the centre section where the combustion chambers are but don't know whether they would be visible.

Thanks for the pics. There are some holes around the centre section where the combustion chambers are but don't know whether they would be visible.

Hi Keith, the holes in the engine outer casing are where the fuel injectors are installed in the combustion chamber. It depends on how far you wish to go regarding what panels you want removed on the aircraft as to whether you will see them or not. They are visible on an uncowled engine - this is the RAF Museum's Jumo 004B next to its Me 262 and in the black painted section you can see the holes.

49201967706_72920b0982_b.jpg
Jumo 004B

The fifth and sixth pictures in MIFlyer's post are of the Deutsches Museum's '262 and show the engine completely uncowled as installed. It's a good place to start for images, although those ones aren't the best, having been scanned from a book.

I've made a start on the cover around the combustion chambers. I've also sanded off the moulding on the lower half believing they were plumbing. Turns out they are structural with holes for, you guessed, plumbing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back