NiD-622 questions

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks. I've seen those before, but I'm a bit wary about using them. My plane is from a different squadron, and from photos, there were many variations on a color scheme. I'm trying to use the photos exclusively, but photography can really play ticks on you. :)

I wonder what source the manufacturers got those profiles from, because it simply seems strange that the lowest wing on the landing gear would be the darker of the two greys (but same goes for the lower part of the upper wing, I guess).

Some photos definitely show some wings having dark grey upper, and light grey lower surfaces. However, this particular aircraft (3C2-3) probably has all-over dark grey for the parasol wing.

I'm also fairly sure this plane has the two-color sesquiplane wings (dark grey over light grey) rather than all over light grey, but it could just be the reflectivity of the fabric against the upper wing (one of the photography tricks I'm worried about). The lowest wing is almost never visible in photos, and it's really only obvious what color it is when the plane is painted in green (it's either that, or aluminum, not grey or grey :lol:)

If I get the chance, I'll try to explain later what I mean with some images. (It all makes sense in my head! :p)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back