Night Air Show? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Micdrow

“Archive”
Aug 21, 2006
Wisconsin
Hi Guys,

Was wondering if any of you have ever been to a night airshow? Yes I said night airshow. Looks like Air venture is taking on a new show. Haven't decided on whether I will catch this act but it does sound intriguing. Trying to save up my money and vactation as this one going to be big. 40 DC-3 arrival led by DC-2. 75th anniversary of B-17 and now this. I know my wife and I are planning on being there opening day as the Band Chicago will be playing that night at the airshow. Any one else thinking of coming to EAA this year?

Check out the link here.
AirVenture to Feature First Night Air Show

Our biannual Avalon Airshow near Melbourne has a Friday night show following the days events, I've been twice, 2007 when though windy it was a fantastic show with jet propelled truck, powered glider and firework display, military bombing, the Connie runway burn and a number of other events plus the firework faunally. 2009 was sadly a bit of a washout, it turning cold and fog setting in, but even so the show went on as best it could. As for going to one, for my part, highly recommended and I can't wait for the 2011 show to come.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Very cool info there Vic, many thanks on the info. Has me thinking second thoughts on maybe trying to make the show. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back