North American Aviation Photo Festival

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here is P-51 N7711C (44-72936), which was destroyed in a crash in Alabama in 1979. This photo is from 1973 and Alex Sheaves is the pilot and behind him is Dutch Schulden. They owned it at the time and were based in Coatesville, PA., also where Jim Beasley flew his warbirds. Dutch was a Hellcat pilot and had 2 confirms in the Pacific. Alex flew Corsairs, and he gave me my first ride in the P-51 back in 1973 at Allegheny County Airport near Pittsburgh.
P51_N7711C_1973_Sheaves_Schulden.AGH.JPG

N51HT.JPG

N51HT

"Death Rattler" seen in Hamilton Ontario. Sadly she would be destroyed in a fatal crash, 01July1990, just outside of Ottawa a couple of weeks after this photo was taken. She was subsequently rebuilt ( data plate?) and registered N51PE and carries ther name Little Horse which will eventually make it into this thread.

Cheers,

Jeff

Last edited:
Hey all. I appreciate everyone who pops in to view my photos, really I do. I have been posting my pics for a few years now, without watermarks so that you may copy them and save them for yourself if you wish to do so.
I really dont mind the odd photo from others to accentuate a point or whatever but I would like to keep my posts for my photos.
Many of you have good stuff and your stuff warrants your own thread. It is good enough for that.
Please consider starting your own thread to share your photos.
Thanks

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back