Not getting notification emails (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fastmongrel

1st Sergeant
May 28, 2009
Lancashire
For the last 2 weeks or so I havent been getting the usual emails telling me there is a reply to a topic I have posted in. Been through my profile and I dont think I have accidentaly unchecked or checked something I shouldnt have. Anyone tell me what I have done wrong or need to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
It does seem all has been set properly at your profile. No notification can be caused by the lack of new posts there or you didn't revisit the subscribed threads you has been notified about a reply.

It does seem all has been set properly at your profile. No notification can be caused by the lack of new posts there or you didn't revisit the subscribed threads you has been notified about a reply.

I have posts in 3 threads in 3 different sub forums that are currently getting new posts and I visit the threads at least once a day but still not getting email alerts. I even checked out my spam email folder to make sure hotmail hadnt diverted them.:confused:

I have posts in 3 threads in 3 different sub forums that are currently getting new posts and I visit the threads at least once a day but still not getting email alerts. I even checked out my spam email folder to make sure hotmail hadnt diverted them.:confused:

I see. I have checked on the system settings and it seems the emails are generated by the site. I can see the number of queued e-mails changing so it should work correctly. Haven't you changed recntly your email address accidentally?

I haven't received notifications on the last few thread answers either. I even checked the Quarantine section on my server site, and nothing appears there. Just thought I would add this interesting tidbit to a thread that already seems to be going to the hogs. :p

I sent some of info about the issue to Horse some time ago. No replay so far.

I went through some info about the messaging system and must say it is a quite vulnerable one. It is enough if there is a couple of errors and it doesn't want to work properly. However I have checked on all setting for the forum system regarding the messaging. All seems to be set corectly. I think it might be the server issue because I can see the counter of the message queue changing what means the forum script sends them but these messages disappear in the cyberspace.

Got a surprise and received a couple of them on the 18th. I haven't received any since then even though my subscription list shows two updated threads that imo should have generated emails.

Will have to watch for a while and see if I start getting them again.

Wheels

Sounds like it might be a weekly update for those. Daily digest go out each night Weekly digest goes out Sunday night.
Check how often you've asked to be updated via email...daily or weekly?

I got the email for the PM. :)
I would have responded to the pm but I am at the limit. I am not ready to wholesale delete them tonight.

All of my email notifications were/are set to instant. I also received an email after I posted in this thread for an update to a thread so that function seems to at a minimum be working sporadically. :thumbup:

Wheels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back