Not new in town........

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

PonyOne

Airman
Mar 21, 2019
Hi all, as stated, not new in town, but I have been on this site many times and just recently signed on officially so I can make better use of the site and the membership.
A bit about myself? well....: been in the aviation since about the age of 5 then started with model building, then at 13 joined the Royal Canadian Air Cadets, made a career in the aviation industry, then been in the management consulting business for the last 35 - 40 years, now I am back in model building with research as a bonus.
After an intense decade of historical and research work and approximately 4 years of travelling and in the making, eventually in 2014 as thee founder and visionary raised a monument to the USAAF 325th F.G. Checkertails in Lesina (FG) Italy, my hometown.
Now I am retired, enjoying my grandchildren and the research in the Aeronautica Militare Italiana (from early years to the 1960s) in conjunction with my aircraft modelling that never stops. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything I may be able to help with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome. I grew in an era when there were still "old" planes still in use. The KB-29, KB-50 C-124, C-119, B-25, B-17 AT-6 etc. I will never lose my love for the radial engine. Especially the R-1340 on the AT-6.

Welcome. I grew in an era when there were still "old" planes still in use. The KB-29, KB-50 C-124, C-119, B-25, B-17 AT-6 etc. I will never lose my love for the radial engine. Especially the R-1340 on the AT-6.
Same here. here is a flashback:
When I was little late fifties/early sixties, back I in my home country of Italy, my dad worked at one of the WWII plants near Milano, in northern Italy. Part of his company responsibilities was the concrete and brick structure restoring of the offices, mostly the exterior walls and facade. Remember that some of the surviving buildings didn't get restored or even demolished for redevelopment till into the late sixties going into the seventies.
As a small and inquisitive kid, I wandered in the plant and walked around the abandoned shop floor with all the engines and parts and subassemblies and tools...........scattered everywhere, and this mess was because of the last bombing they had by the USAAF and the place was being managed by the German ground forces. The explanation of the working of the FIAT Rotary engine was amazing to a 9 year old, and to this day I still remember touching and holding the parts and watching the slow and smooth rotation of the mounted engine on a kind-a of tripod.........might have been an A-74 or A-80 class............what did I know I was a kid. Now........well I wish someone could have a taken a picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back