Thumpalumpacus
Colonel

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.














Um, Yorktown was CV-10One of the last USN pilots lost during WWII has been identified and brought home to rest.
Ensign Eugene Mandeberg, VF-88 of USS Enterprise (CV-10) was downed during a combat sweep, 15 August 1945, near Atsugi Airfield, Japan.
https://www.dpaa.mil/News-Stories/I...-accounted-for-from-world-war-ii-mandeberg-e/
![]()
One of the last USN pilots lost during WWII has been identified and brought home to rest.
Ensign Eugene Mandeberg, VF-88 of USS Enterprise (CV-10) was downed during a combat sweep, 15 August 1945, near Atsugi Airfield, Japan.
https://www.dpaa.mil/News-Stories/I...-accounted-for-from-world-war-ii-mandeberg-e/
![]()


I'm laughing at myself - I knew it was Yorktown, I knew it was named after the legendary Yorktown (CV-5) replacing it's intended name of Bonhomme Richard and YET I still typed Enterprise...Um, Yorktown was CV-10
I am teasing myself to build this one.
Need to find AC tail number.
I did find serial. RIP Sailor
Silly goose!I'm laughing at myself - I knew it was Yorktown, I knew it was named after the legendary Yorktown (CV-5) replacing it's intended name of Bonhomme Richard and YET I still typed Enterprise...
So this is for me: