Ohio Museums and WW1 fly in USAF Museum Dayton Ohio

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Kyushuj7w

Airman 1st Class
This two-day flying event of authentic and replica World War I aircraft is offered every other year by the museum and the Great War Aeroplanes Association. The next one is in 2022. The event includes WWI living history re-enactors in a war encampment area, radio-controlled model aircraft, period vehicles, music and a collector's show of WWI era items. The event will include guest speakers on WWI topics as well as many family hands-on and educational activities. Great show, vendors with some diecast but mostly books and model kits. I snagged a few WWI books while I was there. Of course you tour the museum while you are there. It also has an incredible book store . Several of the prints on my man cave walls are from a HS ROTC visit many many many years ago.

Doug lives not that far away in Columbus, he was a member of our old model building forum.
Me on the right . A few members from that old forum live in England and visited with Doug some
years back. Sites like these are great for making connections.

Cell phone pics are not so great

YOu can get some great books at great prices at these events . ... The clamps were courtesy of Doug
and helped a lot when building that flying boat

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread