ON MY WAY TO RENO!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Attachments

• minimustang2.jpg
    minimustang2.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 145
You mean nobody can fly it?

Bummer.

Edit: Just had a second thought. Does it have an engine that works? Could a minature person fly in it?

Thanks for all the pics. Nice to see a Bearcat.

You mean nobody can fly it?

Bummer.

Edit: Just had a second thought. Does it have an engine that works? Could a minature person fly in it?

LOL - no, it IS flyable - look at the instument panels I posted. It's a bit tight in the cockpit but there's plenty of room for most people. That's about an $800,000 composite airplane that goes close to 400 mph....

Impressive, FBJ... Was it the Snowbirds in one of your pictures ?

Yes - they did a great show but was a little on the conservative side. After everything that happened I guess everyone was.

I'll have more photos of them posted soon.

Well (I don't know if you ever saw them before), the Snowbirds always were a little conservative... They've never been anything like the Blue Angels or the Thunderbirds, most of their "stunts" consists in keeping a thight formation while doing aerial figures.

That's harder than we think, but not as impressive as others.

Hmmmmm.... Wonder why one blade of the F4U's prop is white ?

Charles

actually an f2g, I believe the only one still flying... only a few are left total :|

the one blade was painted white to make an illusion of the engine rotating slowly, it's very noticeable and cool looking from the ground

actually an f2g, I believe the only one still flying... only a few are left total :|

the one blade was painted white to make an illusion of the engine rotating slowly, it's very noticeable and cool looking from the ground

Only a few were made originally anyway. Goodyear built a total of 14 of them. None of them saw combat service.

A few more....

Attachments

• Bee.jpg
    Bee.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 108
  • Viper logo.jpg
    Viper logo.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 112
  • SnowbirdsBurst.jpg
    SnowbirdsBurst.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 119
  • NXT.jpg
    NXT.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 120
Hmmmmm.... Wonder why one blade of the F4U's prop is white ?

Charles

Here's a guess guys, and only a guess, but combined with a great visual for the spectators, at slow rotation speeds the single white blade would stand out much better than painted tips to avoid ground personnel walking into the prop arc. Believe it or not, ground accidents with prop aircraft are prevalent in high noise areas where ground personnel are distracted and wearing noise suppression devices. If you guys hear differently, I would be all ears.

And the sub-scale P-51 Falconer engine... did you notice heat sleeves that fit over the exhaust manifold stacks to avoid overheating the spark plug wires? Man those seem REALLY close. But what do I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back