On The Deck

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The weasel was trying to kill the woodpecker. After a crash landing and a brief struggle the woodpecker got away. The series of photos were taken in Hornchurch Country Park by wild life photographer Martin Le-May.

Cheers

Steve

The weasel was trying to kill the woodpecker. After a crash landing and a brief struggle the woodpecker got away. The series of photos were taken in Hornchurch Country Park by wild life photographer Martin Le-May.

Cheers

Steve

Just for reference
Hornchurch Country Park is a 104.5 hectare park on the former site of Hornchurch Airfield, south of Hornchurch in the London Borough of Havering, east London.

So flying is well known there

I dont know what you mean? He thought it was a just a bird at first then realised it had something on its back he didnt realise exactly what happened until he uploaded the pics.

Who knew: "The weasel was trying to kill the woodpecker" Never heard of such a thing and in such a way.

Who knew: "The weasel was trying to kill the woodpecker" Never heard of such a thing and in such a way.

Weasels are voracious predators and will take animals much bigger, like rabbits, given the chance. It was taken on a nature reserve the animals dont play games there, I dont think it has been sen or reported before just a lucky shot, like the video of a zebra escaping from a lioness by trying to drown it, if you hadnt seen it you wouldnt believe it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-OxxSp-VJw

That was an excellent shot and certainly a once in a lifetime opportunity. That weasel was certainly trying for the kill and I thought that might have been a Stoat due to it's size or perhaps a juvinile Weasel?

What makes my skin crawl, is the amount of people commenting on that photo either with "why can't people learn such love and harmony from animals?" or "that is photoshopped, you idiots".

Last edited:
044.jpg
5224409d9a47f730141994b0bd36a4d7.jpg
10834881_10152727067565687_8758873260741664629_o.jpg
2886357797_b21b1e86b8_z.jpg
aaaaaaaa77f9b0a086b91009.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back