On The Deck

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not sure about the last one either - might be 'Photoshopped'. That's the BBMF Lanc, with the Liver Building, Liverpool, in the background. OK, it could be real, but if it is, there must have been a Special Dispensation issued, as the altitude is below legal minimum, and below SOP for the BBMF.
The aircraft also looks way out of scale, compared to the building.

Not sure about the last one either - might be 'Photoshopped'. That's the BBMF Lanc, with the Liver Building, Liverpool, in the background. OK, it could be real, but if it is, there must have been a Special Dispensation issued, as the altitude is below legal minimum, and below SOP for the BBMF.
The aircraft also looks way out of scale, compared to the building.

Yep and at that hight it would probably hit the thistle Atlantic tower hotel just over the road !

Would be a great view from the kitchen window where I used to work.

I used to stay at that hotel some times Karl, back in the 1980's, and you're right - coming in from the Liver Building, there's the Atlantic Towers and other high buildings, and the rising ground of the hills !

Found this one today on FB. Again, not photo credit given.

Attachments

• P-51D low.jpg
    P-51D low.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 130
Something does look a bit strange about that PBY. The floats aren't PBY floats and if you look closely at the wing tip it almost looks like a float in the retracted position.

Ok, lets see if I can make this work. Hang on a second. Ok, in the yellow circle on the reflection, there is a number. It is not on the aircraft. In the green circles, the artist got all screwed up and reversed the shadow with the main wing spar and put it in the wrong place all together. I hope I'm not crazy.

Attachments

• PBY srcrewed up pointed out.jpg
    PBY srcrewed up pointed out.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 125

Users who are viewing this thread

Back