One for Evanglider

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

wilbur1

Tech Sergeant
Nov 4, 2007
Escondido,Ca
Ok im gonna try this again after my comp got hit with this virus i had to goto firefox and its hard to upload pics, anyway a buddy gave me this pic, cant really tell what it is but supposedly its being built/restored in chino area

Well crap! just found that its 35mb and im only allowed 5.0 well ill try another way :mad:

Yea i know my neighbor scanned it for me and i dont know what went wrong, i just emailed it to nj so well see if he can fix it. This plane is kinda weird, looks like a mustang but 2 seats and 2 intakes

Wilbur, got it. Cropped one section.

I think its a Spitfire 2 seat trainer.

Attachments

• plane.jpg
    plane.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 117
  • plane02.jpg
    plane02.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 132
Well we will have to see what eric says, maybe hes seen the plane in person.

The air intakes on the wings, tail shape and gun ports all look like a spitfire. But the American markings are what seems a bit odd. I haven't seen this one in person, so I'm not sure. I can check around. Do you have any other shots of it?

I am sure thats a Spitfire and it looks like a converted late production VIII, IX or XVI. Originally a 4 gun version almost certainly 2 x 20 2 x HMG.
Looking at the motor mounts and the ones in Trackends Spit pictures and the fact its in US markings I'm going to guess a MKV

maybe a IX as the motor mount are consistent with the one I see but I wasn't aware the USAAf flew the IX's but then again it might be artistic licence

Users who are viewing this thread

Back