One of my favourite piston engine fighters.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As nice as the Sea Fury (and Fury) is I kinda prefer the Tempest Mk II. Same thing ... right? lol.

I know what you mean I love the Seafury but I think its slight cockpit hump just slightly annoys me whereas the Tempest II is that bit cleaner in that regard. I believe the Fury design also had that hump didn't it, so not just a mod for carrier ops if so.

Bit surprised to hear that it is somewhat ignored mind, I suppose piston engined (just) post war aircraft were always going to be over shadowed but this aircraft is with a few others the ultimate piston engined design and its outstanding achievements in Korea should at least give it the elevated position it deserves in our memories I think.

I know what you mean I love the Seafury but I think its slight cockpit hump just slightly annoys me whereas the Tempest II is that bit cleaner in that regard. I believe the Fury design also had that hump didn't it, so not just a mod for carrier ops if so.

Bit surprised to hear that it is somewhat ignored mind, I suppose piston engined (just) post war aircraft were always going to be over shadowed but this aircraft is with a few others the ultimate piston engined design and its outstanding achievements in Korea should at least give it the elevated position it deserves in our memories I think.

The Fury and Sea Fury were the same basic plane as prototypes, the RAF cancelled its interest in the Fury before any production started.
Initially at least the prototype used Tempest wings but joined to each other not to the fuselage, so the span was equal to the Tempest span minus the width of the Tempest fuselage at the wing joint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back