One of my favourite piston engine fighters.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

nuuumannn

Major
Oct 12, 2011
Nelson
Hi Guys,

Here are a few photos of a couple of Hawker Sea Furies that I saw in Australia. FB.11s VX730 at the Australian War Memorial, Canberra and WG630 at the Fleet Air Arm Museum, Nowra.

VX730%2001_zpswup0gvwn.jpg

VX730%2021_zpsqpqmrsdu.jpg

WG630%2001_zpsengkywkb.jpg

WG630%2003_zpsztyacd1t.jpg

WG630%2056_zpsclqjqgs6.jpg

Take a look here for a walkaround of each of these beauties. warbirds

It is hard to tell by the angle if they have clearance, but are the inner cannon's synced to fire through the prop?

One of mine too.
A snapshot of 801 Squadron, not sure where, with a Sea Fury back drop.

801sqn_zpsuywkhu3s.gif

My father is back row on the right. The geeky chap, back row, three from left is a very young Ted Anson. Some years ago, I remember watching an episode of the documentary on Ark Royal, when my mother suddenly exclaimed 'My God, that's Ted Anson' I waited for some comment on his career or some cocktail party faux pas, but she simply continued, 'he's lost his hair.' :)

Cheers

Steve

Nice ones Grant.
I've always liked the Sea Fury, and its cousin, the Tempest II. And now there's also a Fury on the UK airshow circuit, to accompany the Sea Furies.

Y'know Mark, I've always wondered why kit manufacturers have shied away from the Fury/Sea Fury. It's such an attractive aircraft. It's the sort of thing that Matchbox might have done during its two colour kit days.

You are right Nuuumannn. Most people talk about the Spitfire or Mustang as far as a beautiful plane and rarely does anyone mention the Sea Fury. Probably because it was produced in low numbers and late in the war so it wasn't as well known.

'Polar Mist', 801 Squadron somewhere over Norway.

arctic_zpswzai7z8o.gif

Cheers

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back