One or two more (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ndicki

Senior Airman
Oct 2, 2006
Couple more of mine - sorry about the dust!

Revell/Dragon/Trimaster 1/48th FW190a-8, with an unusual Mediterranean scheme; some may have worn it in Italy, I have heard, and as it's pretty, that is enough for me!

Hobbycraft 1/48th Bf109g-6, Hungarian A.F. seen from the business end.

Revell 1/72nd Me262b nightfighter

Matchbox 1/72nd Hawker Fury, unfortunately discoloured by the flash!

Attachments

• FW190a-8 Trop b.jpg
    FW190a-8 Trop b.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 131
  • FW190a-8 Trop a.jpg
    FW190a-8 Trop a.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 129
  • FW190a-8 Trop c.jpg
    FW190a-8 Trop c.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 276
  • Me262 Revell 72nd.jpg
    Me262 Revell 72nd.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 146
  • Hawker Fury Matchbox 72nd.jpg
    Hawker Fury Matchbox 72nd.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 144
So it is. How much have I had to drink this evening? :oops:

Attachments

• Bf109g-6 Hungarian AF Fwd view.jpg
    Bf109g-6 Hungarian AF Fwd view.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 120
I love those german birds! I had never seen a trop. camo'ed 190A8; it suits very well, but strange it doesn't have dust filters on sides of engine like 190Fs Gs...
It's been a long time since I wanted to see a Hungarian 109G, and this one has a very realistic camo and weathering. Beautiful job.

Lots of fun doing the weathering, too! I overspray the basic paintwork with several toned down coats - with whites, greys, yellows, etc, depending on the effect I wanted, and then do the lining and engraving. I also use model tank techniques, which involve using thinned down black/dark grey-brown paint to "draw" round raised areas or areas which are shadowed. Then dry-brushing with the same selection, more or less, of lightened basic colours, and finally, scuffing by simply painting it on in the right sort of places with a very fine brush; Vince's method of using an aluminium undercoat is valid - especially for, say, Japanese planes - but I prefer my way! If you use bright silver, it doesn't look right, so I usually tone it down with some pale grey, again depending on the degree of wear it gets...

It sounds complex, but it really is not - if you have that airbrush (!) and a bit of time!

Good attention on details net sailor; yes it looks like MK108s as outer wing cannons; short barrels, small rectangle rounded blister on top of wings. So, it would be an A8/R2 in desert camo but without dust filters. D'you have photo evidence of such a nice plane, ndicki?

Absolutely not! Stop being boring!

I just enjoy sometimes messing around a bit, and I wouldn't dream of letting historical accuracy always get in the way! Actually, most of my aircraft are accurate, but now and again, I just want to do something a little more...imaginative! Go back to the first post - I have seen the odd profile of this scheme. Some suggest - and that's about the best I can do - it was used in Italy.

JG2 flew a-4s in Tunisia, but that's the nearest I can find.

Tamiya's f-8 is offered up in similar cam, too.

I like to make mine as accurate as possible but sometimes I dont mind going out there a bit, just to make a beautiful model. Besides the average person does not know the difference anyhow.

There you are - same approach.

The winner is .........Fw190 as my favourite,the second place goes to Bf 109.Certainly the rest of models is also an excelent work.Ndicki,I like them.:D :D :D

Couple more of mine - sorry about the dust!

Revell/Dragon/Trimaster 1/48th FW190a-8, with an unusual Mediterranean scheme; some may have worn it in Italy, I have heard, and as it's pretty, that is enough for me!

Hobbycraft 1/48th Bf109g-6, Hungarian A.F. seen from the business end.

Revell 1/72nd Me262b nightfighter

Matchbox 1/72nd Hawker Fury, unfortunately discoloured by the flash!
Good work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back