Only one fighter

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You, the one that said I would never accuse you of overloading a small personal orifice with a very large one to your face -and further noted in your PM ... in what most people would deem in a threatening manner.

Did I hurt your wittle feeblings? Why don't you go ahead an cut and paste that "threatening manner" for all to read for themselves.

Here 'tis Jank

"One last note drgndog. I don't appreciate the tough guy behind the anonymous posting from the safety of my computer bullshit. You would never take this tone to my face. Trust me."

So, I took this to have the following meaning. 1.) you didn't respond well to my bet proposal. 2.) You "ASSUMED" that I would not accuse you of having an Alligator mouth overloading a canary ass" without remaining anonymous. 3.) You ASSUME that I would never say that to your face, and 4.) you IMPLIED that I would be extremely sorry if I did. The "trust me" ensured that I could take your implied threat seriously.

For you, and just for you on the one time special I immediately responded with my name and address to ensure that if you wanted to pursue this, you could find me. Not worried about you or black helicopters.

Tell me, do those black helicopter follow you around too?

I sent you a PM giving my address in case you wanted to 'drop by'.

Now why the Hell would I want to do that Bill? Do you think we're best buds? Do you think I'm gay?

My experience (and maybe yours) is that when one resorts to ad hominum attacks aout gay folks, there is an underlying fear on the part of the attacker. That is probably the worst thing you can imagine someone calling you - or maybe you have underlying concerns that you might be one. It's OK Jank, you're gonna be alright. I won't slip up on you when you drop soap.

Does that mean you're NOT coming by to kick my ass because I hurt your feelers?

It should be clear to you that a.) I have no concern of you, b.) your real or implied threats, or c.) your pitiful attempts at insults.

It's also clear to me that If I took umbrage with you, that you wish to remain secure behind your keyboard? Or did I assume incorrectly? I mean you no harm but I will not be threatened on the basis that I am 'afraid' to say something derogatory directly in your face. I mean whatta ya gonna do to me, right - but pout when I don't agree?

You disparaged that as a fake address and questioned my integrity

I notice you didn't lash out with a "How dare you!" I bet you've got a glove handy to slap my face if I happen to "drop by."

LOL - see above for amatuer pschoanalysis

I'll tell you what, answer the question I have asked six times now. That one concerns your hypocrisy. Then we'll move on to your sense of "integrity."

Which one of the repetitive incorrect quotations that I have answered six times - see above posts - all the above posts.

On your "final thought," I really don't know. For me to ponder that thought, I would need to presume the accuracy of the figures you pose and also presume that the sole relevant independent variable is six vs. eight wing mounted guns that causes the observed dependent variable.

Ah, that's the dreadful thing about statistics isn't it. The 'ace in a day' lists can befound in American Fighter Aces by Hess, Fighter Aces of USA by Toliver and Constable, plus many others. You can cross reference dates and times and squadrons via Olynyk's Stars and Bars. Four from 56th including Christensen's six Ju 52's, Herschel Green and Neal Kirby in PTO

But Jank - you can't even remotely decide how to measure the effectiveness of more guns and ammo than those pitiful four and six gunners, can you? I sure can't. I'll offer an opinion totally unsupported mathmatically - namely that the slight manuever advantage (F6F, F4U, P-51 and P-38) in both horizontal, superior speed to most of the enemy fighter they fought, and vertical vertical (climb) and only slight disadvantage (dive), of all the other fighters compared to P-47, enabled them to stay engaged longer.

What is your thesis?

Chew on that while you peruse Wikipedia.

Like you, I use Wikipedia and all such websites with circumspection - but I was compelled to draw your attention to the three links because they all agreed with each other on "max ordnance load" of 2,500 pounds - at variance with your claims but zero links from you. I suspect you looked at all of those, plus more, plus every book you had and were stalled in your zeal to prove that the P-47 could carry the same load as the Ensign Killer - and by a wide margin.

You tend to ignore data that doesn't fit your assumptions and manufacture assumptions on irrelevent data.

Again, I don't know where this is going. Good day to you to sir.

It's called catharsis and clarification.

I didn't appreciate your comments about 'being afraid of you', nor the implied threat that I should be concerned about telling you to your face what I write here. I solved that be taking off the cloak so to speak..so you KNOW who I am and where I live.

I'm Ok with YOU remaining anonymous because I never intended to 'hurt' you - just tell you what was on my mind if YOU dropped by.

I didn't appreciate the gay remards or remarks about being under psychiatric treatment or my wife and dogs being afraid of me - but now understand that these are just you 'acting out' when you have nothing useful to say and probably no one at home has put you in Time Out lately (is that the phrase for 'stand in the corner' these days..)

Ya'll come back with another blistering and witty riposte - I'll somehow struggle through the barrage.

I didn't appreciate your comments about 'being afraid of you', nor the implied threat that I should be concerned about telling you to your face what I write here. I solved that be taking off the cloak so to speak..so you KNOW who I am and where I live.

I'm Ok with YOU remaining anonymous because I never intended to 'hurt' you - just tell you what was on my mind if YOU dropped by.

I didn't appreciate the gay remards or remarks about being under psychiatric treatment or my wife and dogs being afraid of me

This is really getting very far afield and I really don't feel like spending the time to feed this thing any longer. Really.

I apologize.

Let's move on. You can have the last word. :)

I didn't appreciate the gay remards or remarks about being under psychiatric treatment or my wife and dogs being afraid of me

This is really getting very far afield and I really don't feel like spending the time to feed this thing any longer. Really.

I apologize.

Let's move on. You can have the last word. :)

The last from me is I apologise, let's agree to not parse each others comments or pretend we know what the other person meant. If you and I are unclear we will ask.

Love, and don't reach for the soap

Bill Marshall

I just re-read this whole entire spat between u too, and while I found it very interesting and educational, I also found it annoying...

Both u guys are fountains of information, statistical/historical/actual.... U should have kept it that way... I am glad that u both decided to calm down and move on, as it was getting old...

And for the record, both of u gimmie ur address's and I'll come to both ur places and kick the ever lovin sh!t outta both of youse, settle this dispute once and for all...

I just re-read this whole entire spat between u too, and while I found it very interesting and educational, I also found it annoying...

Both u guys are fountains of information, statistical/historical/actual.... U should have kept it that way... I am glad that u both decided to calm down and move on, as it was getting old...

And for the record, both of u gimmie ur address's and I'll come to both ur places and kick the ever lovin sh!t outta both of youse, settle this dispute once and for all...

HUA - but if you do need it let me know (this is not a challenge but an invitation to come see this place)..

Attachments

• Pond trek_1107.jpg
    Pond trek_1107.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 90
  • ena_lap dog_1107.jpg
    ena_lap dog_1107.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 101
  • pack at Pond2_1107.jpg
    pack at Pond2_1107.jpg
    501.8 KB · Views: 92
Dan - Ah the smell wet wolfies in the mornin'. Those pot lickers are way too smart.

Most of them know how to a.) stick their noses in the refrigerator door seal and sometimes get it open, and b.) nudge the patio door handles to 'open' position unless we lock em.

We have 47" kitchen bar type counters to stage steaks, chicken, etc for the grill because they are NOWHERE safe on 37" counters. That is an easy 'hop' if not merely a stretch of the neck.

When they conduct a successful raid (fewer now that they have me trained in threat analysis) they come solit me for info as to 'where is the rest'??

Another pic out the great room window to the east. I see blacktail deer and turkeys out this window all the time. Lot of bear and some cougar in those hills.

Attachments

• pasture -june 2006 006.jpg
    pasture -june 2006 006.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 72
  • pasture -june 2006 005.jpg
    pasture -june 2006 005.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 8 library outside2.jpg
    8 library outside2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 5 kitchen5.jpg
    5 kitchen5.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 82
  • shadow and seaslit_11_07 049.jpg
    shadow and seaslit_11_07 049.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 76
As for comparing the P-47 as a VietNam Sandy, think A7D instead of the P-47 or A1E.

Regards,

Bill
Bill,

I know what Sandy is. If I didn't, I wouldn't have mentioned it.
P-47 was a big plane. Could've been pressed into that role, if development had been allowed to go in that direction.

drgondog said:
No rag or gag - your opinion is fine.
Oh, well in that case f**k you guys - F4F and I don't wanna hear another word about it.:lol:

Elvis

LOL - Elvis.. go with it.

I only mentioned the A-7D as a Sandy because going up North with the A1E was just too hot in 1972-1973 timeframe. The A7D was a versatile tough little LUF.

As a Mustang lover, I wish the USAF had in it's wisdom used P-47s in Korea. My father had just transferred from CO of 35th FBW when Korean war broke out. Jeff Ethell's fater was a squadron commander. Jeff and I used to recall the sons (our friends in Japan) of the fathers that went down in ground support actions.

As to the son of F4F in korea in its last stages of develoment - it might have been a better choice than the 51.

Wasn't there a version of the 51 tested where the radiator intake was moved?
That seems to ring a familiar but distant bell in my head.

...oh and I changed my mind again...MIG-3 and I don't wanna hear another word about it. ;)
(and that's the last time I'm changing my mind, I promise :D ).

BTW, nice spread. Stuart Anderson AND Les Schwab would be jealous!

Elvis

Wasn't there a version of the 51 tested where the radiator intake was moved?
That seems to ring a familiar but distant bell in my head.

The prototype Merlin installation had a P-40 like scoop for the supercharger's intercooler - As you know the Merlin and Packard Merlin forced a lot of nose design changes as well as 'dropping the wing' to get clean fairing and aerodynamic flow into the radiator scoop.

...oh and I changed my mind again...MIG-3 and I don't wanna hear another word about it. ;)
(and that's the last time I'm changing my mind, I promise :D ).

BTW, nice spread. Stuart Anderson AND Les Schwab would be jealous!

It only has to please my better half and our hounds - so far so good

Elvis

The 51B had some major cooling and corrosion issues in the conversion from Allison to Merlin. NA engineers didn't know Merlin engines had some copper cores to improve cooling and the new aluminum radiator caused some major corrosion issues before solution discovered.

Elvis, from Lundstrom, "The First Team," Pg 441, Jimmy Thach, "The only way we can ever get our guns to bear on the Zero fighter is to trick them into recovering in front of our F4F or shoot them when they are preoccupied in firing at one of our own planes." This was from the after action reports of the Midway Battle. However if you want to hear another evaluation of the F4F from Jimmy Flatley, get the book and read on. Both of Lundstrom's books, in my opinion are great reads and belong in every WW2 buff's library, especially one who is an F4F fan.

Fu*k the damn Cowboys....

I second that!!

And from my humble experience no dog has been in that kitchen let alone a brigade of wolfies. :lol:

So are we agreed, the Brewster Buffalo was the best for the US in 1940?!

I second that!!

And from my humble experience no dog has been in that kitchen let alone a brigade of wolfies. :lol:

So are we agreed, the Brewster Buffalo was the best for the US in 1940?!

Ah, that turns out to not be the case - on all three points!

Attachments

• Pack in the kitchen.jpg
    Pack in the kitchen.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Pups and parents- jul 29 043.jpg
    Pups and parents- jul 29 043.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 56

Users who are viewing this thread

Back