OOps didn't think about this one. F35b bomb fitting problem

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

More F-35 bashing. The problem has been known since 2007 and it may not be the fault of LMCO as the specification for the weapons bay was issued years prior.

This aircraft will be a game changer. Those who continually bash it either have an agenda, base their bias on the 2011 Rand Report (most issues have been fixed that were identified on that report) or just don't know or understand its capabilities.

This Woman Flew an F-35 Simulator with Her Mind | Military.com

Last edited:
More F-35 bashing. The problem has been known since 2007 and it may not be the fault of LMCO as the specification for the weapons bay was issued years prior.

This aircraft will be a game changer. Those who continually bash it either have an agenda, base their bias on the 2011 Rand Report (most issues have been fixed that were identified on that report) or just don't know or understand its capabilities.

This Woman Flew an F-35 Simulator with Her Mind | Military.com

There was a similar story in UK press I didnt know we planned to use this bomb but hey why spoil a good story.

They had similar problem with the mosquito, cut the fins problem solved , simples!

There was a similar story in UK press I didnt know we planned to use this bomb but hey why spoil a good story.

They had similar problem with the mosquito, cut the fins problem solved , simples!

I saw another story of this where they could actually carry this bomb but not in the numbers planned, I believe 4 in lieu of 6

If the SDB has problems to fit, how would the 'normal size' bombs fit?
The coolest/most ironic (depending from the PoW) thing is that countries that purchased the Super Bug, or even the late versions of F-15/F-16 look smart now. The UCAVs also look like winners.

If the SDB has problems to fit, how would the 'normal size' bombs fit?
It is a question of numbers only six fit instead of eight. In UK we will have to fly more missions to drop the bombs we dont have.

She did have a problem parking the plane thou :) That is pretty amazing.

Maybe one day something positive will be written about this contraption. The last time we had a debacle luke this, the F111; at least the AF got good use out if it. Not this clunker.

Maybe one day something positive will be written about this contraption. The last time we had a debacle luke this, the F111; at least the AF got good use out if it. Not this clunker.

Once again Sys, you make closed minded comments about this aircraft with no basis for debate, basing your comments on aircraft and concepts 50 years old. It had problems, like any other sophisticated combat plane to enter service, but it's now on schedule and on budget. If you bothered to actually READ the article this issue involved the F-35B, the Marine bird, and it had NOTHING to do with the AF.

I guess you're still drinking the Yahoo cool aid. :rolleyes:

In the mean time...

US Program Chief: Singapore Nearing F-35 Buy

Last edited:
See, I told yous, you should have bought, upgraded and then later, bought the licence rights for the Blackburn Buccaneer, simples!

Or, maybe, just maybe....brought the TSR.2 back to life....

No, no....I know, buy the Gripen! ;) :tongue: :lol:

Last edited:
No, no....I know, buy the Gripen! ;) :tongue: :lol:

We'll have to think about that one... :evil4:

th?id=HN.608043721790064445&pid=15.jpg

Just to prove my point a bit more, this was out today;

Doggle That Boon, Fellas: In Which We Revisit The F-35

It brings up the small diameter bomb issue on the F-35B, a problem identified in 2007. Do a little reseach and you'll find that the F-35A flew about the same time the GBU-39 was entering service, the F-35B flew two years later. The author omits the fact that the F-35B could still carry the GBU-39, just not as many as planned until the the aircraft is modified. It also neglects to say that the specification for the weapos bay isn't something that LMCO comes up with like an option whem you buy a car...

More negative press and cool aid for those who are thirsty for some sensationalism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back