OOps didn't think about this one. F35b bomb fitting problem

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oooooh.....please...please...please...I just love sensationalism...! :lol:

Kool_Aid_Man_With_Gun.gif

Not bashing here but the aircraft in my opinion is kind of small to have a internal bombs bay. Aniway good machine, expensive but probably we going to see those in action soon.
They also have the option for wing pylons. You lose the stealth capability but you may fly a mission where stealth isn't a factor

Naaaah....don't know enough to do it, I just know that it has its flaws, but so does Gripen, no fighter is perfect, but the F-22/35 are both bl**dy expensive to have flaws, mind you though, if I may ask, how much will it cost to do the same the same to their airframes, as what SAAB done to their bird, A/B, C/D and to the Next Generation versions, the E/F? The same increase in range etc., etc.?

Naaaah....don't know enough to do it, I just know that it has its flaws, but so does Gripen, no fighter is perfect, but the F-22/35 are both bl**dy expensive to have flaws, mind you though, if I may ask, how much will it cost to do the same the same to their airframes, as what SAAB done to their bird, A/B, C/D and to the Next Generation versions, the E/F? The same increase in range etc., etc.?

I think about the same if LMCO was building the same airframe and the reason why I say that is because the differences in variants between the A/B, C/D and E/F seem a lot less complex then what's lumped into the F-35. You also have one prime contractor, that being Saab in lieu of 3 US branches of the military, several partner nations and dozens of contracted directed sub-contractors to deal with. That alone is one of the reasons why the F-35 experienced cost over runs in the beginning of the program and there is NO manufacturer that could have done this without some type of schedule slip or cost increase. Additionally there were changes thrown in by all 3 branches of the US services that few want to discuss.

My concern with the F 35 is that I am British and live near the North Sea. It isnt the Med. and it isnt the Persian Gulf I can foresee a good few planes lost or written off landing in a storm, each aircraft being 2% of the RN total capability.

My concern with the F 35 is that I am British and live near the North Sea. It isnt the Med. and it isnt the Persian Gulf I can foresee a good few planes lost or written off landing in a storm, each aircraft being 2% of the RN total capability.

Well that's the compromise with this very expensive aircraft. In theory you should never lose one, but then again one B-2 was lost and that was at $1 billion a copy

Well that's the compromise with this very expensive aircraft. In theory you should never lose one, but then again one B-2 was lost and that was at $1 billion a copy

I laugh when I see the term "all weather capability" There are times when I am sure no aircraft would be launched around the UK, the problem is after launching them can they always get back, storms can b;ow up in a few hours.

I laugh when I see the term "all weather capability" There are times when I am sure no aircraft would be launched around the UK, the problem is after launching them can they always get back, storms can b;ow up in a few hours.

While I could somewhat share your feelings I did a little research and there's been only one UK combat aircraft lost in the north Sea since 2005 and it was not weather related.

UK Military Aircraft Losses

While I could somewhat share your feelings I did a little research and there's been only one UK combat aircraft lost in the north Sea since 2005 and it was not weather related.

UK Military Aircraft Losses
Its Politics FlyboyJ. The Carrier borne variant does nothing to defend the UK but may tempt future politicians to "project" in order to secure a position as a peace envoy. If Putin decides to roll in to Europe carrier borne AC are not what I want to see. I am not knocking the aircraft just the decision to put a massive part of our defence budget on two carriers + aircraft + support vessels.

Normal North sea weather

Attachments

• article-2207427-152E686E000005DC-628_964x625.jpg
    article-2207427-152E686E000005DC-628_964x625.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 83
The F22 was designed as a fighter. And a great one it is. Is the F35 a fighter or a bomber? Its does neither very well and from the beginning it should have been designed as a bomber and optimized for that role.

In the end, it will be a historical footnote as POS airframe that should have been cancelled at an early stage.

The F22 was designed as a fighter. And a great one it is. Is the F35 a fighter or a bomber? Its does neither very well and from the beginning it should have been designed as a bomber and optimized for that role.

In the end, it will be a historical footnote as POS airframe that should have been cancelled at an early stage.

A modern Me 262? ;) :lol:

The F22 was designed as a fighter. And a great one it is.
When it works - maybe you should focus on that. Right now it has one of the lowest FMC rates (if you even know what that is) in the USAF. It has issues, fixable issues, but like any other sophisticated piece of military hardware, issues.
Is the F35 a fighter or a bomber?
BOTH, but it's primary mission is to drop bombs and it's been that from the beginning.
Its does neither very well
Says who? Pierre Spey four years ago? Do you say that because it isn't super maneuverable when it doesn't have to be, or maybe you think being able to maneuver like an F/A-18C isn't good enough???
http://theaviationist.com/2013/02/11/typhoon-aerial-combat/

From a Typhoon pilot

"No doubt the F-35 will be, when available, a very capable aircraft: its stealth design, extended range, internal carriage of stores and a variety of integrated sensors are definitely the ingredients for success in modern air-to-ground operations.

However, when time comes for air dominance, some other ingredients like thrust to weight ratio and wing loading tend to regulate the sky. And in that nothing comes close to a Typhoon, except an F-22 which has very similar values. The F-35 thrust to weight ratio is way lower and its energy-manoeuvrability diagrams match those of the F/A-18, which is an excellent result for a single engine aircraft loaded with several thousand pounds of fuel and significant armament."

and from the beginning it should have been designed as a bomber and optimized for that role.
It is and has been - the primary mission of this aircraft is to drop bombs, kill badguys who challenge it in the air BVR and fly home. I guess you're yearning for "TOP GUN" type excitement :rolleyes:
Your biased and unsubstantiated opinion fed by ignorance and cool aid. Please update the news portion of your browser because you have brought up nothing but old news and dated issues with regards to the F-35.

Last edited:
They also have the option for wing pylons. You lose the stealth capability but you may fly a mission where stealth isn't a factor

Thanks for the reply, losing stealth capabilities is bad if the mission would be penetrating Russian airspace, or attacking warships, but I think wont matter much in the future missions of the Raptor, most like bombing some rebel muslim army in the Middle east.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back