Oops....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The ACLU will probably sue the manufacturers of the rotors for developing too much down draft and want them changed to be a kinder, more gentle device so it doesn't upset the mating rituals of dung beetles and marigolds.

I have to agree with CCheese....its a great idea, and something that 99% of the population will probably never get to see, an Osprey in action. Someone should've thought about a test-flight in, to ensure that all the loose vegetation was pre-blown out of the area. Those are some rather large rotors, after all.

Although, Thor brings up a valid point about mating rituals, too...its not often that you get to see a dung-beetle mating with a marigold.

Never underestimate the stupidity and paranoia of people in large packs. Especially when the cameras start rolling. Most of those folks have probably gotten hit worse by branches when trimming their shrubs. My guess is that the stuff that was blowing around a fair distance away from the landing site was nothing more than twigs. I wasn't there, so its just a guess, but the heavier stuff would've fallen closer to the Osprey, and I can't imagine security allowing civilians to stand directly under the rotors.

Musta been a slow news day, or a reporter who got booted out of the training program and still holds a grudge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back