Oostwold (NL) Airshow 2013

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That "wide body" EFTU in German camo is a North American Navion. NA tried to get into the civilian market with it after the war, I believe, open to correction. It's got a lot of P-51 in it, style wise.

Great shots fellas. A great little show.

Great stuff Jelmer and Marce.
Bill, the camouflaged aircraft with registration D-EFTU is a licence -built Piaggio, the model/Mark number of which escapes me at the moment. I believe they were built under licence by MBB, and used as basic trainers and communication aircraft, until a few years ago, by the (then) West German Luftwaffe. There are a number on the civilian register these days.

Excellent addition Marcel :) I really need to upgrade my camera stuff, 'cause these in flight shots are beyond the capabilities of my equipment at the moment.

Thanks Marcel. I remember now, as a member at my Aero Club, back in the early 1990s got everyone excited when he told us he'd bought a Focke Wulfe, and it would be on the field the following week!
We were at first slightly disappointed when a camouflaged, licence-built Piaggio arrived, the 'Day-Glo' patches on it's nose glowing in the dull weather conditions!
Was a neat aircraft though, and looked good in the German camouflage colours!

Thanks Marcel. I remember now, as a member at my Aero Club, back in the early 1990s got everyone excited when he told us he'd bought a Focke Wulfe, and it would be on the field the following week!
We were at first slightly disappointed when a camouflaged, licence-built Piaggio arrived, the 'Day-Glo' patches on it's nose glowing in the dull weather conditions!
Was a neat aircraft though, and looked good in the German camouflage colours!
Yeah, they are nice aircraft. These are from the Seagul formation, based at Hoogeveen, The Netherlands. Despite their german colours and german registration, these are Dutch-based aircraft. They do a nice little display of formation flying, like the Fokker 4.
The fokker 4 btw are great. These are the little yellow-orange Fokker S.11 aircraft. I've seen them many times, doing amazing stunts with these slow, weak-engined aircraft. The fact that they carry Dutch training colours make them great for photographing. A real must see if you ever get the chance.

Last edited:
Yes, I saw one of those little Fokkers(!) at a PFA Rally, back in the 1980s. Quite an impressive performer, despite the small engine. Saw a model kit of one recently - might make an unusual and colourful subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back